    following day he was logging on to one of his own regular sites and he
    was given the option of his own or my username. Can anyone tell me how
    to stop this happening please?
    kipper, Oct 27, 2010

  2. kipper

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 27/10/2010 11:07, kipper wrote:
    > I used a friends computer to show him something on a site I am
    > registered with. I loggod into this site as normal usng my username
    > and password but did not tick the box which says remember me. The
    > following day he was logging on to one of his own regular sites and he
    > was given the option of his own or my username. Can anyone tell me how
    > to stop this happening please?

    Depends on the browser but deleting all the history and cookies should
    do it.

    For example in IE8 Tools/Internet Options/Browsing history. Click delete
    and tick the boxes.

    You friend may not thank you for deleting all his/her carefully
    remembered passwords though!

    In future use a portable app.
    Desk Rabbit, Oct 27, 2010

  3. kipper

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 03:07:37 -0700, kipper wrote:

    > I used a friends computer to show him something on a site I am
    > registered with. I loggod into this site as normal usng my username and
    > password but did not tick the box which says remember me. The following
    > day he was logging on to one of his own regular sites and he was given
    > the option of his own or my username. Can anyone tell me how to stop
    > this happening please?

    Check the browser for a feature to show and delete stored passwords.

    Meat Plow, Oct 27, 2010
  4. kipper wrote:

    > I used a friends computer to show him something on a site I am
    > registered with. I loggod into this site as normal usng my username
    > and password but did not tick the box which says remember me. The
    > following day he was logging on to one of his own regular sites and
    > he was given the option of his own or my username. Can anyone tell me
    > how to stop this happening please?

    Also, he can probably use his arrow keys to highlight your name in the
    dropdown, and press the Delete key to remove it from the selection.

    Reason it occurs? All input form fields using the same name value will
    show all the choices that have been used for a field of that name. Ex:

    <input name="username" ... >

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 27, 2010
  5. kipper

    Peter Foldes Guest

    OS is ??????

    --
    Peter
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    Peter Foldes, Oct 27, 2010
  6. Peter Foldes wrote:

    > OS is ??????

    OS is what? And why would it matter a hill o' beans?

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 27, 2010
  7. kipper

    Mike Easter Guest

    kipper wrote:
    > I used a friends computer to show him something on a site I am
    > registered with. I loggod into this site as normal usng my username
    > and password but did not tick the box which says remember me. The
    > following day he was logging on to one of his own regular sites and he
    > was given the option of his own or my username. Can anyone tell me how
    > to stop this happening please?

    Your question is ambiguous to me.

    Are you asking...

    - how your friend should remedy the insignificant problem of your user
    appearing in the field?

    - how you can prevent that problem from happening in the future if you
    use someone else's computer to do something?

    - how you can configure your own browser about its security settings
    in that regard, both user and pass?

    You didn't specify - what browser and v. your friend uses -or- what
    browser you use.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Oct 27, 2010
  8. kipper

    anyone Guest

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 12:00:43 -0400, Peter Foldes wrote:

    > OS is ??????

    ....a pair of capital letters.

    (you're welcome)
    anyone, Oct 27, 2010
  9. kipper

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 27/10/2010 17:00, Peter Foldes wrote:
    > OS is ??????

    Irrelevant
    Desk Rabbit, Oct 28, 2010