    as he has important files on the putter and it is running perfect anyway

    any help would be appreaceted

    Rob
    BiC, Nov 1, 2003

  2. BiC

    RussS Guest

    what version windows?
    RussS, Nov 1, 2003

  3. BiC

    BiC Guest

    its xp

    "BiC" <> wrote in message
    news:bo07kf$59f$...
    > hi i wonder can anyone help me out.
    > a friend is bringing his computer to my house today as he has lost his
    > windows password, and he would rather that the whole o/s not be

    re-installed

    BiC, Nov 1, 2003
  4. BiC

    David Hough Guest

    And if it's nt, w2k or xp, then the default, if it's still there is
    administrator and admin.
    David Hough, Nov 1, 2003
  5. BiC

    Rob Joachim Guest

    what version of Windows is he running? 2000 I assume? IF so you can get a
    unix/linux based NT Password Hacker that will rewrite any Windows
    Administrator password.

    --
    _____________________________________

    Rob Joachim, Nov 2, 2003
  6. BiC

    Joe Guest

    this software site is in romania,I cannot get download to work
    site asks too many questions to join, seems like it's a set up to
    get your email for spam?!

    where is the developers site with a clear download?

    Joe, Nov 2, 2003
  7. BiC

    RussS Guest

    Try logging on ad administrator and changing the p/w
    RussS, Nov 2, 2003
  8. BiC

    R.A.D. Guest

    XP has a wizard that creates a password reset disk,I am not positive if it
    will work but if you have access to another XP pc maybe you can create this
    disk and use it on the pc in question...you find this wizard in the users
    folder in control panel click on the admins acct on you will see this wizard
    in there.

    R.A.D., Nov 2, 2003
  9. BiC

    techshare Guest

    geezus!!! nine replies ... and only one was on track (from RussS). Boot the
    machine in safe mode, logon as administrator. From here, you can change the
    passwords, etc.

    techshare, Nov 4, 2003
  10. BiC

    techshare Guest

    A brute force password hacking program?! Go back to your video game.

    techshare, Nov 4, 2003
  11. BiC

    RussS Guest

    makes a change when I am halfway on track ... at least it seems that way
    some days ... lol
    RussS, Nov 4, 2003
  12. Umm not to sound like a ninny, but If the user has lost his password, would
    it be safe to assume that he doesn't have the administrators password
    either? Cause that would be the first thing that comes to mind of course,
    and I have to help users before and they go "Administrators Password??,
    what's an Administrator Password?"

    Philip

    C. Philip Cutler II, Nov 4, 2003
  13. BiC

    techshare Guest

    Not a ninny ... but you don't seem very knowledgeable about XP. When you
    boot an XP system in safe mode, an "Administrator" account is available by
    default. Unless someone has gone in and specifically changed the password on
    this account ... it has NO password.

    techshare, Nov 4, 2003
  14. Well sorry I'm stuck on 2000 and have never ran into this problem or this
    solution. But thanks for the knowledge and the beniefit of your experience.

    Philip

    C. Philip Cutler II, Nov 4, 2003
  15. Oh, and i forgot to ask, for more knowledge gain, does it matter between XP
    Home and XP Pro? I have only used PRO but does the XP Home have an
    Administrator Account?

    Thanks

    Philip

    C. Philip Cutler II, Nov 4, 2003
  16. BiC

    RussS Guest

    Sure does.

    I think you will find that most unknowledgeable users do not put anything in
    when asked for the administrators password when they set things up
    themselves and most builders do the same unless they are building for a
    specific client.
    RussS, Nov 4, 2003
  17. BiC

    techshare Guest

    <SIGH> FAT32 has nothing to do with this discussion. Does anyone in here
    know WTF they are talking about ... besides Russ and I?

    PS. You can read NTFS partitions with a utility that will run in DOS!
    However formatting with FAT32 certainly has its merits. Still, this has
    nothing to do with Windows user accounts and getting "locked" out of your
    own system.

    techshare, Nov 4, 2003
  18. BiC

    techshare Guest

    Hey jack*ss... I sent him a USEFUL reply. WTF do goofs like you do ...
    besides send back USELESS posts like this one!? Do us all a favor ... and
    the next time someone asks a good question like this ... post a reply that
    they can USE. This would be as opposed to the other jack*ss who told him to
    download a brute force password hacker!!! I'm not the only one who has
    pointed out that there are a bunch of idiots in this group. Take your arm
    off the chair, armchair quarterback (wannabe)!

    techshare, Nov 6, 2003
  19. BiC

    R.A.D. Guest

    I'm with you, it is obvious with his last response what we are dealing with.

    R.A.D., Nov 6, 2003
  20. BiC

    BiC Guest

    thanks guys got it sorted.
    got access from administrator account and fixed it that way

    BiC, Nov 8, 2003