    processes).

    Many Thanks,

    john.

    =?Utf-8?B?am9obmQ=?=, Jul 5, 2005

  2. Good question, I am not sure. Will ask around today and see what I can
    find for you.

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Jul 5, 2005

  3. Hi Joseph,

    Great, I'll wait for your response.

    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?am9obmQ=?=, Jul 5, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?am9obmQ=?=

    WM Guest

    Are you familiar with NotMyFault? It's a tool that can generate crashes to
    get you useful dumps. It is included in Microsoft Windows Internals, Fourth
    Edition, from MS Press, but is also available here:
    http://www.sysinternals.com/WindowsInternals.html. Both 32 and 64-bit
    versions are available in that download.

    WM, Jul 5, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?am9obmQ=?=

    ]{artik Guest

    ]{artik, Jul 5, 2005
  6. Hi "WM",

    I was not aware of NotMyFault, but it looks like it might come in useful for
    other problems. However, it looks like it only crashes and dumps the whole
    system. Ideally we want to dump the image of our process, and then load this
    image into Visual Studio to look at the problem. Userdump does just that.

    /john

    =?Utf-8?B?am9obmQ=?=, Jul 6, 2005
  7. Hi,

    Thanks for the link. Problem is that we have a crash at a customer site and
    (at the moment) we dont want to force the customer to install a bunch of
    debugging tools. Userdump works at the sort of level that we can easily
    explain to a non-technical user.

    =?Utf-8?B?am9obmQ=?=, Jul 6, 2005
  8. John

    Currently we dont have a version of userdump for 64.

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Jul 7, 2005
  9. Hi Joseph,

    Figured that would be the case. It's a *very* useful tool though, so I'd
    like to add an official request that it be done. (Don't know if this is the
    correct place to do that though).

    Thanks for your time,

    John.

    =?Utf-8?B?am9obmQ=?=, Jul 7, 2005