user & password store and autofill so what is

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Clemens Li, Dec 16, 2004.

  1. Clemens Li

    Clemens Li Guest

    I wonder how to get around this: Recently my bank offered a web
    interface providing actual information on my credit card: I can see all
    activities and past billings.

    They provide some cookie stuff to remember the numer which is displayed
    with X for all exceot the last four digits. I have to enter a
    4-digit-pin-code to get access.

    But: Mozilla never asked me to store anything. I want it to store
    (encrypted and secure by master password) the pin and fill it automatically.

    Some years ago I had the same problem for the popup screen of another
    bank. Someone (who?) from a newsgroup (which?) told me to make some
    little changes (?) to one (or more?) mozilla config files. After that it
    worked as desired.

    I don't know:
    - what to do now
    - what I did before

    Aready asked in German newsgroups - no help yet.

    So this is going to be a competition: Where is the smart(est)
    mozilla/html/java guy who can tell me?

    TNX.TIA.

    Clemens
    Clemens Li, Dec 16, 2004

  2. Clemens Li

    Clemens Li Guest

    Hi,

    just found it:

    about:config
    wallet.crypto.autocompleteoverride: true
    works for mozilla but not firefox.

    How to get Firefox working?

    Clemens

    Clemens Li, Dec 17, 2004