    same thing again, (in other words what could have caused this problem,)? I
    can post the (edited of course,) WinNT.SIF file if someone would like to see
    it to help me out. TIA
    =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=, Jul 4, 2006

  2. Hello,
    What account are you logged in as?
    I would like to see the winnt.sif as well as a screen shot of Task Manager
    showing the username column
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    <>
    <Subject: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    <Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 02:09:02 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <Okay for a little background, this is of course for Windows XP SP1 x64
    <edition first of all. I did an unattended install of my operating system
    <using what I have always used to do the unattended installs of Windows XP
    <Professional (SP1, SP1a, SP2, etc) and I skipped all the questions by
    putting
    <them into the WinNT.SIF file. When I got to the desktop I opened up Task
    <Manager, clicked on "Processes" tab and seen that there were no entries in
    <the "User Name" entries, what would be causing this and is there a way I
    can
    <restore those entries somehow without redoing the install, if I do redo
    the
    <install again, what do I need to do to assure that it's not going to do
    the
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jul 5, 2006

  3. I'm trying to figure out how to post a picture in this, but here is the
    WinNT.sif:

    Code:
    ;SetupMgrTag
    [Data]
        SourcePath="\device\cdrom0\"
        MsDosInitiated="0"
        UnattendedInstall="Yes"
        DosPath="Z:\" ;This is where I changed the DVD drive to be prior to
    installing but it will still default to D: for some stupid reason...

    [Unattended]
        AutoActivate=Yes
        UnattendMode=DefaultHide
        OemPreinstall=Yes
        OemSkipEula=Yes
        TargetPath = *
        OemFilesPath = "%SourcePath%"

    OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers;Drivers\wdm\Win2k_xp;Drivers\wdm\AddOn;Drivers\x64GOLD;Drivers\x64USB"
        DriverSigningPolicy="Ignore"
        WaitForReboot=Yes
        UnattendSwitch=Yes

    [GuiUnattended]
        TimeZone = 35
        AdminPassword=THERE IS USUALLY A PASSWORD HERE TOO...
        EncryptedAdminPassword=Yes
        OEMSkipRegional=1
        OemSkipWelcome=1

    [UserData]
        ProductKey=THE KEY GOES HERE
        FullName="MyName"
        OrgName="Not Applicable"
        ComputerName=MyComputer

    [Display]
        BitsPerPel=32
        Xresolution=1280
        YResolution=1024
        Vrefresh=60

    [RegionalSettings]
        LanguageGroup=1
        Language=00000409

    [Identification]
        JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

    [Networking]
        InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

    [SystemRestore]
        MaximumDataStorePercentOfDisk=1

    [LicenseFilePrintData]
        AutoMode = "PerServer"
        AutoUsers = "5"

    [Components]
        IEAccess = Off
        WMAccess = Off

    for now you can see the pic over at ImageShack.us by clicking on the link
    below:

    http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5268/taskmanager3cm.png

    Thanks for the reply, hopefully this can be easily taken care of soon...
    I'm currently logged in under the Administrators account, but I've made
    several other accounts and none of them will show up either...

    DisabledTrucker

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=, Jul 5, 2006
  4. Hello David,
    The link is fine for the image. I can see if fine from there.
    Strange it's like something is hiding the user accounts from displaying.
    Nothing in the unattend file looks to be unusual.
    How about in Safe Mode do you see the same issue?

    If you don't have the problem in Safe Mode, then boot normal and run
    msconfig.
    Let's try simplifying some of the programs that start up to see if that
    makes a difference
    We can also look at the services tab and disable non-microsoft services to
    see if that makes a difference.

    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    <>
    <Subject: RE: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    <Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 02:25:02 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
    <
    <> Hello,
    <> What account are you logged in as?
    <> I would like to see the winnt.sif as well as a screen shot of Task
    Manager
    <> showing the username column
    <> Thanks,
    <> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
    <>
    <> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    rights
    <> --------------------
    <> <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    <> <>
    <> <Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 02:09:02 -0700
    <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <
[...]
    <> see
    <> <it to help me out. TIA
    <> <
    <>
    <>
    <
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jul 5, 2006
  5. Yes I see the same thing in safe mode as well.

    ""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

    > Hello David,
    > The link is fine for the image. I can see if fine from there.
    > Strange it's like something is hiding the user accounts from displaying.
    > Nothing in the unattend file looks to be unusual.
    > How about in Safe Mode do you see the same issue?
    >
    > If you don't have the problem in Safe Mode, then boot normal and run
    > msconfig.
    > Let's try simplifying some of the programs that start up to see if that
    > makes a difference
    > We can also look at the services tab and disable non-microsoft services to
    > see if that makes a difference.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    > --------------------
    > <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    > <>
    > <Subject: RE: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    > <Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 02:25:02 -0700
    > <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    > <
    > <I'm trying to figure out how to post a picture in this, but here is the
    > <WinNT.sif:
    > <
    > <
    Code:

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=, Jul 6, 2006
  6. Hello,
    What do you have under this key?
    -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\TaskManager

    Is the Terminal Services service running?

    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    <>
    <Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 22:30:01 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
    <
[...]
    <> <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    <> <>
    <> <Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 02:25:02 -0700
    <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <
[...]
    <> <""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
    <> <
    <> <> Hello,
    <> <> What account are you logged in as?
    <> <> I would like to see the winnt.sif as well as a screen shot of Task
    <> Manager
    <> <> showing the username column
    <> <> Thanks,
    <> <> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
    <> <>
    <> <> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    <> rights
    <> <> --------------------
    <> <> <Thread-Topic: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    <> <> <thread-index: AcafSX4Gby9tilzNS5Gc1K6nM9zTTQ==
    <> <> <X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 69.252.167.82
    <> <> <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    <> <> <>
    <> <> <Subject: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    <> <> <Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 02:09:02 -0700
    <> <> <Lines: 12
    <> <> <Message-ID: <>
    <> <> <MIME-Version: 1.0
    <> <> <Content-Type: text/plain;
    <> <> < charset="Utf-8"
    <> <> <Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    <> <> <X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
    <> <> <Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
    <> <> <Importance: normal
    <> <> <Priority: normal
    <> <> <X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.1830
    <> <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <> <Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
    <> <> <Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
    microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general:36958
    <> <> <NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl 10.40.2.250
    <> <> <X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <> <
[...]
    <> <> see
    <> <> <it to help me out. TIA
    <> <> <
    <> <>
    <> <>
    <> <
    <>
    <>
    <
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jul 7, 2006
  7. From the Export:

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\TaskManager
    "UsrColumnSettings"=hex:1c,0c,00,00,34,04,00,00,00,00,00,00,78,00,00,00,01,00,\
    00,00,1d,0c,00,00,35,04,00,00,01,00,00,00,23,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,1e,0c,00,\
    00,36,04,00,00,00,00,00,00,5d,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,1f,0c,00,00,39,04,00,00,\
    00,00,00,00,64,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,20,0c,00,00,37,04,00,00,00,00,00,00,78,\
    00,00,00,01,00,00,0
    "Preferences"=hex:9c,02,00,00,f4,01,00,00,02,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
    bb,01,00,00,fa,00,00,00,e8,04,00,00,d2,03,00,00,01,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,02,\
    00,00,00,04,00,00,00,05,00,00,00,06,00,00,00,07,00,00,00,08,00,00,00,09,00,\
    00,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
    00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
    00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
    00,00,00,60,00,60,00,60,00,46,00,46,00,4b,00,46,00,46,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,\
    ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,\
    ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,00,00,00,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,\
    04,00,00,00,05,00,00,00,06,00,00,00,07,00,00,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,\
    ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,\
    ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,\
    ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,01,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,\
    01,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,01,\
    00,00,00,02,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,06,00,00,00,07,00,00,00,09,00,00,00,0b,00,\
    00,00,11,00,00,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
    00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
    00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,6b,\
    00,00,00,32,00,00,00,6b,00,00,00,23,00,00,00,46,00,00,00,64,00,00,00,46,00,\
    00,00,46,00,00,00,3c,00,00,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,\
    ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,\
    ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,\
    ff,ff,ff,00,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,05,00,\
    00,00,06,00,00,00,07,00,00,00,08,00,00,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,\
    ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,\
    ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,\
    ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,eb,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,01,00,00,00

    that's all that was there, doesn't say if it is or not or at least I can't
    tell if is or not...

    ""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

    > Hello,
    > What do you have under this key?
    > -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\TaskManager
    >
    > Is the Terminal Services service running?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    > --------------------
    > <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    > <>
    > <Subject: RE: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    > <Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 22:30:01 -0700
    > <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    > <
    > <Yes I see the same thing in safe mode as well.
    > <
    > <""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
    > <
    > <> Hello David,
    > <> The link is fine for the image. I can see if fine from there.
    > <> Strange it's like something is hiding the user accounts from displaying.
    > <> Nothing in the unattend file looks to be unusual.
    > <> How about in Safe Mode do you see the same issue?
    > <>
    > <> If you don't have the problem in Safe Mode, then boot normal and run
    > <> msconfig.
    > <> Let's try simplifying some of the programs that start up to see if that
    > <> makes a difference
    > <> We can also look at the services tab and disable non-microsoft services
    > <> see if that makes a difference.
    > <>
    > <> Thanks,
    > <> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
    > <>
    > <> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    > rights
    > <> --------------------
    > <> <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    > <> <>
    > <> <Subject: RE: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    > <> <Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 02:25:02 -0700
    > <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    > <> <
    > <> <I'm trying to figure out how to post a picture in this, but here is the
    > <> <WinNT.sif:
    > <> <
    > <> <
    Code:

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=, Jul 8, 2006
  8. Reminds me of the riddle:

    Q: Did you know that there are 10 kinds of people in this world?

    A: Those that can read binary and those who can't.

    "DisabledTrucker" <> wrote in
    message news:...
> [...]
    >> that
    >> <> makes a difference
    >> <> We can also look at the services tab and disable non-microsoft
    >> services
    >> <> see if that makes a difference.
    >> <>
    >> <> Thanks,
    >> <> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
    >> <>
    >> <> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    >> rights
    >> <> --------------------
    >> <> <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    >> <> <>
    >> <> <Subject: RE: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    >> <> <Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 02:25:02 -0700
    >> <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    >> <> <
    >> <> <I'm trying to figure out how to post a picture in this, but here is
    Code:

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 8, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Been a long time since I converted Hex to character. At least 20 years.

> [...]
    >>> that
    >>> <> makes a difference
    >>> <> We can also look at the services tab and disable non-microsoft
    >>> services
    >>> <> see if that makes a difference.
    >>> <>
    >>> <> Thanks,
    >>> <> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
    >>> <>
    >>> <> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    >>> rights
    >>> <> --------------------
    >>> <> <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    >>> <> <>
    >>> <> <Subject: RE: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    >>> <> <Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 02:25:02 -0700
    >>> <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    >>> <> <
    >>> <> <I'm trying to figure out how to post a picture in this, but here is
    Code:

    John Barnes, Jul 8, 2006
  10. Not that this has anything to do with the thread, but in case you haven't
    figured it out yet, that's not binary, I can read binary, not hex...

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=, Jul 8, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Converting binary to hex and then to character must take forever. :)

    "DisabledTrucker" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    John Barnes, Jul 8, 2006
  12. Oh, I know. The blocks just reminded me of the quip. It just wouldn't have
    worked punning on hex.

    "DisabledTrucker" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 8, 2006
  13. After further re-reading your post, I went and looked to see if TermServ was
    running or not, apparently it's not, when I tried to start it, I get the
    error: 193: 0xc1. At first I thought it may be in the key you mentioned
    previously, but after re-reading it, I took it that you were asking me if it
    was running or not, sorry for the confusion there.

    ""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

    > Hello,
    > What do you have under this key?
    > -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\TaskManager
    >
    > Is the Terminal Services service running?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    > --------------------
    > <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    > <>
    > <Subject: RE: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    > <Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 22:30:01 -0700
    > <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    > <
    > <Yes I see the same thing in safe mode as well.
    > <
    > <""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
    > <
    > <> Hello David,
    > <> The link is fine for the image. I can see if fine from there.
    > <> Strange it's like something is hiding the user accounts from displaying.
    > <> Nothing in the unattend file looks to be unusual.
    > <> How about in Safe Mode do you see the same issue?
    > <>
    > <> If you don't have the problem in Safe Mode, then boot normal and run
    > <> msconfig.
    > <> Let's try simplifying some of the programs that start up to see if that
    > <> makes a difference
    > <> We can also look at the services tab and disable non-microsoft services
    > <> see if that makes a difference.
    > <>
    > <> Thanks,
    > <> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
    > <>
    > <> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    > rights
    > <> --------------------
    > <> <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    > <> <>
    > <> <Subject: RE: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    > <> <Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 02:25:02 -0700
    > <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    > <> <
    > <> <I'm trying to figure out how to post a picture in this, but here is the
    > <> <WinNT.sif:
    > <> <
    > <> <
    Code:

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=, Jul 10, 2006
  14. Hello,
    I can find reports of this happening with the Terminal Services service not
    running.
    What is the full error code when you try to start terminal services?
    Terminal Services does have a dependancy on RPC being running so it will
    fail if that is disabled.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    <>
    <Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:08:01 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
    <
    <> Hello,
    <> What do you have under this key?
    <> -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion\TaskManager
    <>
    <> Is the Terminal Services service running?
    <>
    <> Thanks,
    <> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
    <>
    <> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    rights
    <> --------------------
    <> <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    <> <>
    <> <Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 22:30:01 -0700
    <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <
    <> <Yes I see the same thing in safe mode as well.
    <> <
    <> <""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
    <> <
[...]
    <> <> <thread-index: AcagFOS9vlVecWmnQ3uR5n12ahySbg==
    <> <> <X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 69.252.167.82
    <> <> <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    <> <> <>
    <> <> <References: <>
    <> <> <>
    <> <> <Subject: RE: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    <> <> <Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 02:25:02 -0700
    <> <> <Lines: 134
    <> <> <Message-ID: <>
    <> <> <MIME-Version: 1.0
    <> <> <Content-Type: text/plain;
    <> <> < charset="Utf-8"
    <> <> <Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    <> <> <X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
    <> <> <Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
    <> <> <Importance: normal
    <> <> <Priority: normal
    <> <> <X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.1830
    <> <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <> <Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
    <> <> <Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
    microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general:36988
[...]
    <> <> <
    <> <> <> --------------------
    <> <> <> <Thread-Topic: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    <> <> <> <thread-index: AcafSX4Gby9tilzNS5Gc1K6nM9zTTQ==
    <> <> <> <X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 69.252.167.82
    <> <> <> <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    <> <> <> <>
[...]
    <> <> <> <
[...]
    <> do
    <> <> <> the
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jul 10, 2006
  15. Hi Darrell,

    That is the full error code, that pops up when I try turning it on in
    Computer Management\Services. It's saying RPC is started as well, which I
    would assume it would have to be, since a lot of the services are dependant
    upon it. I did find a regedit to change the "User Name" in Task Manager from
    the Computer Name to the User Name when I went and looked at the SP1 list of
    fixes. I've not rebooted since I did that, I wanted to check back in the
    thread prior to doing it and I seen that you had already posted this. I did
    notice that the SP1 list didn't mention it was only for S2K3 but the article
    it pointed to did, but I noticed that I'm running XPx64 and it was saying the
    same thing as what it said was a problem in S2K3, so I made the registry
    change, if that will work I'll post my findings after I reboot, if not I'll
    still let you know. I was thinking about testing the SP2 beta but I didn't
    see anything in it that mentioned anything about this, so I didn't try it
    yet, but may be something that needs looking into more with it. Upon looking
    in the Event Viewer under System I get the error that "The Terminal Services
    service terminated with the following error: Terminal Service is not a valid
    Win32 application."

    ""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

> [...]
    > <> <> <Lines: 134
    > <> <> <Message-ID: <>
    > <> <> <MIME-Version: 1.0
    > <> <> <Content-Type: text/plain;
    > <> <> < charset="Utf-8"
    > <> <> <Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    > <> <> <X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
    > <> <> <Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
    > <> <> <Importance: normal
    > <> <> <Priority: normal
    > <> <> <X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.1830
    > <> <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    > <> <> <Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
    > <> <> <Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
    > microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general:36988
    > <> <> <NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl 10.40.2.250
    > <> <> <X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    > <> <> <
    > <> <> <I'm trying to figure out how to post a picture in this, but here is
    Code:
    =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=, Jul 10, 2006
  16. Hello,
    Hmm, I wonder if we have some file platfrom issues.

    <Upon looking
    <in the Event Viewer under System I get the error that "The Terminal
    Services
    <service terminated with the following error: Terminal Service is not a
    valid
    <Win32 application."
    This implies the wrong version of the file is on the system.

    let's check what is in the \windows\system32 folder for file platform types.
    913111 How to use the Filever.exe tool to obtain specific information about
    a file in Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;913111

    Use filever to check the files under system32 folder. We are looking for
    files that the not for the x64 platform.
    IN particular services.exe but let's see if it's more than that.
    For example run:
    filever *.* /B >filelist.txt

    Open filelist.txt in notepad or you can drop into Excel.
    We are looking for headers that are not Wx64 in that folder.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    <>
    <Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:52:02 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <Hi Darrell,
    <
    <""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
    <
    <> Hello,
    <> I can find reports of this happening with the Terminal Services service
    not
    <> running.
    <> What is the full error code when you try to start terminal services?
    <> Terminal Services does have a dependancy on RPC being running so it will
    <> fail if that is disabled.
    <> Thanks,
    <> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
    <>
    <> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    rights
    <> --------------------
    <> <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    <> <>
    <> <Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:08:01 -0700
    <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <
    <> <After further re-reading your post, I went and looked to see if
    TermServ
    <> was
    <> <running or not, apparently it's not, when I tried to start it, I get
    the
    <> <error: 193: 0xc1. At first I thought it may be in the key you
    mentioned
    <> <previously, but after re-reading it, I took it that you were asking me
    if
    <> it
    <> <was running or not, sorry for the confusion there.
    <> <
    <> <""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
    <> <
    <> <> Hello,
    <> <> What do you have under this key?
    <> <> -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows
    <> NT\CurrentVersion\TaskManager
    <> <>
    <> <> Is the Terminal Services service running?
    <> <>
    <> <> Thanks,
    <> <> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
    <> <>
    <> <> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    <> rights
    <> <> --------------------
    <> <> <Thread-Topic: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    <> <> <thread-index: AcagvTqlFrJx02iYTEazno+lX+av6Q==
    <> <> <X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 69.252.167.82
    <> <> <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    <> <> <>
    <> <> <References: <>
    <> <> <>
    <> <> <>
    <> <> <>
    <> <> <Subject: RE: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    <> <> <Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 22:30:01 -0700
    <> <> <Lines: 195
    <> <> <Message-ID: <>
    <> <> <MIME-Version: 1.0
    <> <> <Content-Type: text/plain;
    <> <> < charset="Utf-8"
    <> <> <Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    <> <> <X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
    <> <> <Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
    <> <> <Importance: normal
    <> <> <Priority: normal
    <> <> <X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.1830
    <> <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <> <Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
    <> <> <Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
    microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general:37010
    <> <> <NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl 10.40.2.250
    <> <> <X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <> <
    <> <> <Yes I see the same thing in safe mode as well.
    <> <> <
    <> <> <""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
    <> <> <
[...]
    <> <> <> <
    <> <> <> <> --------------------
    <> <> <> <> <Thread-Topic: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    <> <> <> <> <thread-index: AcafSX4Gby9tilzNS5Gc1K6nM9zTTQ==
    <> <> <> <> <X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 69.252.167.82
    <> <> <> <> <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    <> <> <> <> <>
    <> <> <> <> <Subject: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    <> <> <> <> <Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 02:09:02 -0700
    <> <> <> <> <Lines: 12
    <> <> <> <> <Message-ID:
    <>
    <> <> <> <> <MIME-Version: 1.0
    <> <> <> <> <Content-Type: text/plain;
    <> <> <> <> < charset="Utf-8"
    <> <> <> <> <Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    <> <> <> <> <X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
    <> <> <> <> <Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
    <> <> <> <> <Importance: normal
    <> <> <> <> <Priority: normal
    <> <> <> <> <X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.1830
    <> <> <> <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <> <> <> <Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
    <> <> <> <> <Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
    <> <> microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general:36958
    <> <> <> <> <NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl 10.40.2.250
    <> <> <> <> <X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <> <> <> <
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jul 10, 2006
  17. Hey,

    Sorry for not getting back to you in the past couple of days, I've been
    having ISP problems. First let me say that the registry hack I did didn't do
    any good. Also, I'll have to provide a link to what is in the Filever.txt
    file you mention below since it's too large to fit in here, I've uploaded
    that information to RapidShare.de here:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/25656302/filelist.exe.html

    I hope this will help you help me to find out what is wrong with this,
    thanks for all your help thus far and in the future,

    DisabledTrucker

    ""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

> [...]
    > <> <> <> <Message-ID: <>
    > <> <> <> <MIME-Version: 1.0
    > <> <> <> <Content-Type: text/plain;
    > <> <> <> < charset="Utf-8"
    > <> <> <> <Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    > <> <> <> <X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
    > <> <> <> <Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
    > <> <> <> <Importance: normal
    > <> <> <> <Priority: normal
    > <> <> <> <X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.1830
    > <> <> <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    > <> <> <> <Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
    > <> <> <> <Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
    > <> microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general:36988
    > <> <> <> <NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl 10.40.2.250
    > <> <> <> <X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    > <> <> <> <
    > <> <> <> <I'm trying to figure out how to post a picture in this, but here
    Code:
    =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=, Jul 12, 2006
  18. Hello,
    The site does not work for me. It will not download the file.
    Go ahead and send to me in email, remove the online from the address first.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <$>
    <Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:49:12 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <Hey,
    <
    <""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
    <
[...]
    <> <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    <> <>
    <> <Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:52:02 -0700
    <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <
    <> <Hi Darrell,
    <> <
[...]
    <> <""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
    <> <
    <> <> Hello,
    <> <> I can find reports of this happening with the Terminal Services
    service
    <> not
    <> <> running.
    <> <> What is the full error code when you try to start terminal services?
    <> <> Terminal Services does have a dependancy on RPC being running so it
    will
    <> <> fail if that is disabled.
    <> <> Thanks,
    <> <> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
    <> <>
    <> <> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    <> rights
    <> <> --------------------
    <> <> <Thread-Topic: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    <> <> <thread-index: AcakOwTy6jQtmQfUR1uDWe2X0ph8zA==
    <> <> <X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 69.252.167.82
    <> <> <From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=
    <> <> <>
    <> <> <References: <>
    <> <> <>
    <> <> <>
    <> <> <>
    <> <> <>
    <> <> <>
    <> <> <Subject: RE: User Name not showing up in Task Manager
    <> <> <Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:08:01 -0700
    <> <> <Lines: 258
    <> <> <Message-ID: <>
    <> <> <MIME-Version: 1.0
    <> <> <Content-Type: text/plain;
    <> <> < charset="Utf-8"
    <> <> <Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    <> <> <X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
    <> <> <Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
    <> <> <Importance: normal
    <> <> <Priority: normal
    <> <> <X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.1830
    <> <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <> <Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
    <> <> <Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
    microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general:37197
    <> <> <NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl 10.40.2.250
    <> <> <X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <> <
    <> <> <After further re-reading your post, I went and looked to see if
    <> TermServ
    <> <> was
    <> <> <running or not, apparently it's not, when I tried to start it, I get
    <> the
    <> <> <error: 193: 0xc1. At first I thought it may be in the key you
    <> mentioned
    <> <> <previously, but after re-reading it, I took it that you were asking
    me
    <> if
    <> <> it
    <> <> <was running or not, sorry for the confusion there.
    <> <> <
    <> <> <""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
    <> <> <
[...]
    <> <> <> <""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
    <> <> <> <
[...]
    <> <> <> <> <Lines: 134
    <> <> <> <> <Message-ID:
    <>
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jul 12, 2006
  19. Ok Darrell, I've sent it to you via email, the file I uploaded is a 7-zip
    file it should auto extract to wherever you need for it to. The filelist.txt
    file is inside it. Thanks again.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=, Jul 12, 2006
  20. Okay in a email, Darrell and I have figured out what my problem was,
    apparently somewhere I got the wrong version of termsrv.dll in my system32
    folder, upon replacing that with the correct version it now works just fine.
    I'm not sure how I got a x32 version of termsrv.dll in there since I had
    installed the x64 version but that's what the problem was.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlzYWJsZWRUcnVja2Vy?=, Jul 13, 2006