    since I never put in a password.
    How do I stop the user info from being required after stand-by or hibernate?

    Thanks
    Joe J, May 25, 2011

  2. Joe J

    me again Guest

    Joe J wrote:
    > This just started, Win 7 Home. When I hibernate or put the desktop in
    > stand-by, and I turn it back on, I get XXX user locked,

    "locked" just means you have to enter the password.

    > I am the only user and have never entered a password.

    Did you try pressing enter?

    > I've been running
    > Win7 for two years on this machine and this just started.

    Probably due to one of those blankety-blank 'windows updates.'

    > I'm freaked
    > that someday it might do the same thing on a full startup and I'll be
    > locked out, since I never put in a password.
    > How do I stop the user info from being required after stand-by or
    > hibernate?

    You may have to use TweakUI.exe ...
    me again, May 31, 2011

  3. "Joe J" <> wrote in message
    > This just started, Win 7 Home. When I hibernate or put the desktop in
    > stand-by, and I turn it back on, I get XXX user locked, switch user. So I
    > click switch user, and it comes up with same name as what it said was
    > locked. I can then proceed to turn it back on.
    > Doesn't happen if I shut down, normal startup after that, no password or
    > user request.
    >
    > I am the only user and have never entered a password. I've been running
    > Win7 for two years on this machine and this just started. I'm freaked
    > that someday it might do the same thing on a full startup and I'll be
    > locked out, since I never put in a password.
    > How do I stop the user info from being required after stand-by or
    > hibernate?
    >
    > Thanks

    Right click on the desktop in a location that is not an icon and choose
    Properties. Navigate to the tab that presents Power Save options, and
    deselect the one that says to input a password to come out of hibernation.
    Jeff Strickland, May 31, 2011
  4. Joe J

    Joe J Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message

    > "Joe J" <> wrote in message
    >> This just started, Win 7 Home. When I hibernate or put the desktop in
    >> stand-by, and I turn it back on, I get XXX user locked, switch user. So
    >> I click switch user, and it comes up with same name as what it said was
    >> locked. I can then proceed to turn it back on.
    >> Doesn't happen if I shut down, normal startup after that, no password or
    >> user request.
    >>
    >> I am the only user and have never entered a password. I've been running
    >> Win7 for two years on this machine and this just started. I'm freaked
    >> that someday it might do the same thing on a full startup and I'll be
    >> locked out, since I never put in a password.
    >> How do I stop the user info from being required after stand-by or
    >> hibernate?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Right click on the desktop in a location that is not an icon and choose
    > Properties. Navigate to the tab that presents Power Save options, and
    > deselect the one that says to input a password to come out of hibernation.

    No such option in Win 7. No properties option and nothing under
    personalize.
    Joe J, Jun 1, 2011
  5. "Joe J" <> wrote in message

    > "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Joe J" <> wrote in message
    >>> This just started, Win 7 Home. When I hibernate or put the desktop in
    >>> stand-by, and I turn it back on, I get XXX user locked, switch user. So
    >>> I click switch user, and it comes up with same name as what it said was
    >>> locked. I can then proceed to turn it back on.
    >>> Doesn't happen if I shut down, normal startup after that, no password or
    >>> user request.
    >>>
    >>> I am the only user and have never entered a password. I've been running
    >>> Win7 for two years on this machine and this just started. I'm freaked
    >>> that someday it might do the same thing on a full startup and I'll be
    >>> locked out, since I never put in a password.
    >>> How do I stop the user info from being required after stand-by or
    >>> hibernate?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> Right click on the desktop in a location that is not an icon and choose
    >> Properties. Navigate to the tab that presents Power Save options, and
    >> deselect the one that says to input a password to come out of
    >> hibernation.
    >>

    > No such option in Win 7. No properties option and nothing under
    > personalize.

    I don't have Win7 on this machine, but the options for power management are
    certainly there somewhere.

    I can't hold your hand and take you to the power options, but there are
    power options that have been changed to ask you for a password to bring the
    machine out of hibernation.
    Jeff Strickland, Jun 1, 2011