user limits on a share

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by kpg*, Jan 8, 2008.

  1. kpg*

    kpg* Guest

    OK...this should be easy...

    When you share a folder windows asks for the max number
    of user allowed to access it, max allowed or a specific
    number - which has a max of 10. (So i assume max allowed
    is 10).

    At one time I thought I knew that a 'user' was not actually
    a one-to-one maping to a user, but a connection, and a user
    could have more than one connection to a share, hence the
    share limit got used up sooner than expected based on number
    of physical users accessing it (does that make sense?).

    So...how can I determine the current number of users
    (connections) using a particular share and eating into
    my 10 user limit?

    I suspect a performance counter trakcs this but I can't seem
    to find the correct one.

    Remember - it's my bd, so you have to be nice to me. :p

    kpg
    kpg*, Jan 8, 2008

  2. Open Computer Management\Shared Folders and look at the "Sessions" and "Open
    Files" Stats...

    --
    ..rev

    www.askthemct.com
    ..

    .rev [askthemct.com], Jan 8, 2008

  3. kpg*

    kpg* Guest

    ".rev [askthemct.com]" <> wrote in

    > Open Computer Management\Shared Folders and look at the "Sessions" and
    > "Open Files" Stats...

    <slap to forehead> I knew that!
    kpg*, Jan 8, 2008
  4. kpg*

    CBIC Guest

    "kpg*" <> wrote in message
    > ".rev [askthemct.com]" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Open Computer Management\Shared Folders and look at the "Sessions" and
    >> "Open Files" Stats...
    >>

    > <slap to forehead> I knew that!

    Dude, you're starting to scare me. BTW HB2U
    CBIC, Jan 8, 2008
  5. kpg*

    kpg* Guest

    > Dude, you're starting to scare me. BTW HB2U

    Old age I guess.
    kpg*, Jan 8, 2008