    How can I change one of these to reflect My Name and hold my system
    settings?

    Thank You
    Just Me, Sep 19, 2007

  2. Just Me

    Guest

    "Just Me" <> wrote:

    >I recently acquired a desktop from someone.

    >When exploding C:\Documents and Settings

    >there are 4 system folders, none of which have my name although I went to
    >Control Panel, User Accounts and created myself as user and Computer
    >Administrator. There are no other accounts beside guest.
    >
    >The 4 system folders under Documents and Settings are
    >
    >Administrator
    >All Users
    >Default User
    >user
    >
    >How can I change one of these to reflect My Name and hold my system
    >settings?

    One way that might/should work is:

    Start | Run <type in>
    control userpasswords2
    <enter>
    Advanced - Advanced - Users - Right click on the User Account, Select
    RENAME. Name it what you will

    !DON'T BE IN THE ACCOUNT you are going to rename! something could
    really explode...
    --

    http://www.acrobots.net/
    , Sep 19, 2007

  3. Just Me

    Just Me Guest

    That suggestion did not work.

    I was able to successfully run control userpasswords2

    however the change was not effected on the folder in Documents and Settings.

    Does anyone else have an idea?
    Just Me, Sep 19, 2007
  4. Just Me

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:21:37 -0500, "Just Me" <>
    wrote:

    >That suggestion did not work.

    What suggestion did not work?
    Evan Platt, Sep 19, 2007
  5. Just Me

    Just Me Guest

    Read the whole thread if you want to help.
    Just Me, Sep 19, 2007
  6. Just Me

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:18:32 -0500, "Just Me" <>
    wrote:

    Assuming you are talking to me...

    >Read the whole thread if you want to help.

    Quote who you are talking to and what they said if you want help.

    You see how I've quoted who you are:

    "On ..... So and so Said...."

    and then I quoted what you said?

    That helps people follow a thread. You see, usenet being what it is,
    often a reply will come before the original message. In this case, I
    see your reply but I haven't yet seen the post you replied to.

    So all I see is "That didn't work" with no idea who gave what
    suggestion or what that suggestion is.
    Evan Platt, Sep 19, 2007
  7. Just Me

    Guest

    , Sep 19, 2007
  8. Just Me

    Top Guest

    Just Me wrote:

    > Read the whole thread if you want to help.

    No need to be snippy with someone that wants to help. What OS are you
    using?

    I'm using Vista and the "control userpasswords2" it worked fine so I
    wondered if you might have an OS that preforms differently.

    Top
    Top, Sep 19, 2007