    rights)? How do I do it?

    Goodwill,
    Luke
    TheStoneCrusher, Oct 11, 2008

  2. TheStoneCrusher

    Guest

    "TheStoneCrusher" <> wrote:

    >I got a virus on my PC and it did some damage. After using BidDefender it
    >seems to have removed the virus but the damage persists - Drive C:\ does not
    >show up under any attempts: desktop explorer, My Computer, etc. When I
    >tried to rename the drive it showed as ( ):\. There is also a large
    >rectangle trying to sell an antivirus program - firgure. The Display
    >utility cannot be accessed; I need administrative rights on XP Home. I
    >tried safe mode but the needed menu does not appear. Anyway . .
    >
    >I had installed a second user on the PC. If I use the second user there are
    >no problems! Is it safe to simply erase the primary user (both have admin
    >rights)? How do I do it?

    First do this:

    Go here http://hijackthis.de/en download
    http://download.hijackthis.eu/HJTInstall.exe

    No need to install, just run it; Scan, save log, copy then, paste the
    log file into http://hijackthis.de/en click analyze. Google first of
    course, but Red should be deleted and yellow researched.

    And whatever it is could be in your restore points. so turn restore
    off.

    If you wish tho yes you can delete the bad user account with no
    problems to the system as a whole.

    I use:
    Start | Run <type in>
    control userpasswords2
    <enter>

    advanced, advanced, users, delete (from the account your keeping)
    --

    http://www.nosedigg.com/2008/10/top-five-bizarre-accidents.html
    , Oct 11, 2008

  3. I will certainly follow your advice. I am a bit foggy on the first part
    that has me log things, etc. Why?
    Luke

    TheStoneCrusher, Oct 11, 2008
  4. TheStoneCrusher

    Guest

    "TheStoneCrusher" <> wrote:

    >I will certainly follow your advice. I am a bit foggy on the first part
    >that has me log things, etc. Why?

    Checks for malware and if so removal of the problem might prevent the
    need to delete the account.

    >Luke
    ><> wrote in message
    >> "TheStoneCrusher" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I got a virus on my PC and it did some damage. After using BidDefender it
    >>>seems to have removed the virus but the damage persists - Drive C:\ does
    >>>not
    >>>show up under any attempts: desktop explorer, My Computer, etc. When I
    >>>tried to rename the drive it showed as ( ):\. There is also a large
    >>>rectangle trying to sell an antivirus program - firgure. The Display
    >>>utility cannot be accessed; I need administrative rights on XP Home. I
    >>>tried safe mode but the needed menu does not appear. Anyway . .
    >>>
    >>>I had installed a second user on the PC. If I use the second user there
    >>>are
    >>>no problems! Is it safe to simply erase the primary user (both have admin
    >>>rights)? How do I do it?

    >> First do this:
    >>
    >> Go here http://hijackthis.de/en download
    >> http://download.hijackthis.eu/HJTInstall.exe
    >>
    >> No need to install, just run it; Scan, save log, copy then, paste the
    >> log file into http://hijackthis.de/en click analyze. Google first of
    >> course, but Red should be deleted and yellow researched.
    >>
    >> And whatever it is could be in your restore points. so turn restore
    >> off.
    >>

    >> If you wish tho yes you can delete the bad user account with no
    >> problems to the system as a whole.
    >>

    >> I use:
    >> Start | Run <type in>
    >> control userpasswords2
    >> <enter>
    >>
    >> advanced, advanced, users, delete (from the account your keeping)
    >> --
    >>
    >> http://www.nosedigg.com/2008/10/top-five-bizarre-accidents.html

    --

    Wall Street Crash. Very subtle