    never noticed this before, what does it mean? Shouldn't
    it be listed as administrator as I've always had administrator
    rights. Any help would be appreciated thanx in advance.
    Tony, Jul 16, 2006

  2. Tony

    1 of 1 Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message
    news:pkqug.45100$...
    > Just a query, under the windows(XP) task manager
    > in the users section is one user me listed as owner
    > I'm the only person who uses this computer (owner)
    > for some reason the session is listed as Console. I've
    > never noticed this before, what does it mean? Shouldn't
    > it be listed as administrator as I've always had
    > administrator
    > rights. Any help would be appreciated thanx in advance.

    If you don't get a good answer, try the
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support ng
    1 of 1, Jul 16, 2006

  3. Tony

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Tony wrote:
    > Just a query, under the windows(XP) task manager
    > in the users section is one user me listed as owner
    > I'm the only person who uses this computer (owner)
    > for some reason the session is listed as Console. I've
    > never noticed this before, what does it mean? Shouldn't
    > it be listed as administrator as I've always had administrator
    > rights. Any help would be appreciated thanx in advance.

    The "session" of the local user is always listed as "console". That means
    you are using the local console, not connected remotely.

    Assuming you are running XP Home version, you are NOT the administrator. You
    are a USER named "Owner" with administrator privileges. To be logged on as
    the administrator, you would need to boot in Safe Mode and select the
    administrator account.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 16, 2006
  4. Tony

    Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote:

    |>Just a query, under the windows(XP) task manager
    |>in the users section is one user me listed as owner
    |>I'm the only person who uses this computer (owner)
    |>for some reason the session is listed as Console. I've
    |>never noticed this before, what does it mean? Shouldn't
    |>it be listed as administrator as I've always had administrator
    |>rights. Any help would be appreciated thanx in advance.

    Also:

    Start | Run <type in> control userpasswords2 <enter>
    For a list of users and to satisfy curiosity.

    --
    http://tinyurl.com/putyg
    , Jul 16, 2006