    ICURSILLY2 Guest

    Is there a way to set up XP pro so that a user account can not download
    to the box?

    ICURSILLY2, Aug 6, 2004

  2. ICURSILLY2

    Duane Arnold Guest

    ICURSILLY2 <> wrote in news:DhCQc.2034$nx2.685
    @newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

    > Is there a way to set up XP pro so that a user account can not download
    > to the box?

    I don't understand what you asking here. Can you give more detail?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 6, 2004

  3. ICURSILLY2

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    >| ICURSILLY2 <> wrote in news:DhCQc.2034$nx2.685
    >| @newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:
    >|
    >| > Is there a way to set up XP pro so that a user account can not
    >| > download to the box?
    >| >

    >| I don't understand what you asking here. Can you give more detail?
    >|
    >| Duane :)

    I think they want to limit a user account so they can't download things from
    the internet to the PC.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Aug 6, 2004
  4. ICURSILLY2

    ICURSILLY2 Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>| ICURSILLY2 <> wrote in news:DhCQc.2034$nx2.685
    >>| @newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

    >>| I don't understand what you asking here. Can you give more detail?
    >>|
    >>| Duane :)

    > I think they want to limit a user account so they can't download things from
    > the internet to the PC.

    BINGO!

    ICURSILLY2, Aug 6, 2004
  5. ICURSILLY2

    Pennywise Guest

    On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 02:45:55 GMT, ICURSILLY2 <> wrote:

    |>Is there a way to set up XP pro so that a user account can not download
    |>to the box?

    Run gpedit.msc and snoop around, you can disable it from there.

    Pennywise, Aug 6, 2004
  6. ICURSILLY2

    ICURSILLY2 Guest

    Pennywise wrote:

    > On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 02:45:55 GMT, ICURSILLY2 <> wrote:
    >
    > |>Is there a way to set up XP pro so that a user account can not download
    > |>to the box?
    >
    > Run gpedit.msc and snoop around, you can disable it from there.

    Thank You! :)

    ICURSILLY2, Aug 6, 2004