    How can I insert in one account OFFICE 2000 and in the other account OFFICE
    2003. I am running windows XP home but I find I cant put them separately on
    the same PC , any ideas. TIA

    PWB, Feb 1, 2004

  2. PWB

    Spider Guest

    What possible reason would you want to do this in the first place? You
    could probably do a custom install and install one to another folder but I
    still think that would pose issues with shared dll's and other common files.
    Personally, I can see no valid reason for even wanting to create this
    potential nightmare.

    --
    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1/spiderweb1.htm

    Spider, Feb 1, 2004

  3. PWB

    PWB Guest

    My son has one profile and being that I'm upgrading to office 2003 He wants
    to install my old 2000 in his account.

    PWB, Feb 1, 2004
  4. PWB

    Dan Shea Guest

    PWB:

    Don't do it. Tell your son he's using Office 2003 from now on.

    Seriously. It's do-able, but it's a pain in the ass. Microsoft does
    not recommend it:

    Cheers,
    dan

    On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 18:17:52 -0000, "PWB" <> wrote:

    >My son has one profile and being that I'm upgrading to office 2003 He wants
    >to install my old 2000 in his account.
    >
    >"Spider" <> wrote in message
    >> What possible reason would you want to do this in the first place? You
    >> could probably do a custom install and install one to another folder but I
    >> still think that would pose issues with shared dll's and other common

    >files.
    >> Personally, I can see no valid reason for even wanting to create this
    >> potential nightmare.

    danshea at yahoo dot com

    Dan Shea, Feb 1, 2004
  5. PWB

    PWB Guest

    Thanks

    PWB, Feb 1, 2004
  6. PWB

    Spider Guest

    Just for the record, the license is for the computer, not the user. You
    could have 10 different users on your pc that could use the same
    installation of Office. You would each have your own profile that is
    automatically created when you log in.

    Spider, Feb 2, 2004