    There have been thoughts that this could be a problem with Active Directory
    and these account are becoming untrusted. Any help would be welcome on this
    as it is becomming a more common problem.
    =?Utf-8?B?bXVycGh5NzA4?=, Jul 10, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bXVycGh5NzA4?=

    Guest

    On 10-Jul-2006, =?Utf-8?B?bXVycGh5NzA4?= <> wrote:

    > Every now and again the wireless may drop its
    > link and this means it needs re-connecting but when trying to log on to the
    > account created for this purpose and also the Administrators account on the
    > network the message "<domain name> domain is not available". This is fixed
    > by logging onto the local user account, deleting the accounts in question and
    > then recreating them by logging back into them once the wireless is active.
    > There have been thoughts that this could be a problem with Active Directory
    > and these account are becoming untrusted. Any help would be welcome on this
    > as it is becomming a more common problem.

    If it's any help I use a USB wireless adapter plus a 2-way USB switch to use
    it with 2 machines, I can switch it back and forth, it changes the
    connection fine. And of course for security I can disconnect a machine from
    the network in an on/off manner. It also works during wireless drop outs
    (I assume as I see the wireless icon flicker) with no loss of connectivity
    over what is a long wireless link.
    I couldn't get it to work until I disabled Zero Config and used static
    addresses. This also gave me access to the adapters utility (only
    there in Admin mode) showing signal strength and signal quality.
    Funny about only visible in Admin mode as it starts as All Users Run,
    so in theory should appear for all Users, but it works, so I'm satisfied.
    , Jul 10, 2006

  3. One other thing other than the advice below - many third party firewalls
    kill connections without people realising it. The connection appears to be
    there or maybe it reports it isn't. I have successfully fixed this problem
    on my own machines. I use, on one machine that is very important to me, Zone
    Alarm Pro. I noted turning it off and repairing the connection made it work
    fine. So, I elected to have ZAP not load with Windows and manually load it
    later when I need it. This has stopped the drop-off entirely. Note I am not
    using the Zone Alarm wireless version.

    So, if you have a third party firewall, try stopping it loading
    automatically at start-up.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Jul 10, 2006