    Norton from the other three and it does not have a virus when run from
    those.

    Joe

    JustJoe, Nov 8, 2003

  2. JustJoe

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "JustJoe" <> wrote in
    news::

    > This may sound like a dumb question but I have to ask. I have never
    > messed with user accounts on a computer as I have never had the need
    > to so I do not really understand them. Here's the question.. if a
    > computer has four accounts set up on it is it possible only one has a
    > virus? A friend said he got the blaster virus which I volunteered to
    > remove for him but I can not find it. One of the four accounts is
    > password protected but I have run Norton from the other three and it
    > does not have a virus when run from those.
    >
    > Joe

    I think the AV scanner part of the program is using the *System* when doing
    its scanning. The System account, which is reserved account used by a NT
    based O/S, has all access rights to all directories and files and it can
    be used by an application such as an AV so that it can run and see
    everything regardless of what user account is being used at the time of
    execution.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 8, 2003