    on the desktop for the first account has dissapeared.

    How to get back that icon and access the first user account for the PC
    please? many thanks.
    jw 1111, Jan 15, 2006

  2. jw 1111

    Don Varnau Guest

    Hi,
    When the second account was created, the original account became the
    Administrator account. You can access it form Safe Mode.
    315222 - A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP:

    You should not routinely use this Administrator account- that's why it's a
    little difficult to access. Keep it clean, safe and uncorrupted. Setup other
    User Accounts and use them.

    These articles may help:
    User Accounts That You Create During Setup Are Administrator Account Types
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q293834/
    How To Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP

    Hope this helps,
    Don

    "jw 1111" <blue.star77[at]REMOOVEvirgin.net> wrote in message
    > Hi, we have widows xp and my son has just gone to control panel and set

    up
    > a new user account icon on the desktop. But unfortunately the original

    icon

    Don Varnau, Jan 15, 2006