    window.

    Regards
    Rainer Queck

    Rainer, Dec 20, 2009

  2. Rainer

    Steve Foster Guest

    Rainer wrote:

    >Hello NG,
    >
    >is it possible - and if yes how - to "always allow" a speciffic
    >application to be started with out the user account control window popping
    >up.
    >
    >In general I think it is ok to have this window popping up, but on some
    >frequently used application it is kind of bothering to always see this
    >window.

    Is this a normal user-type application, or one that genuinely performs
    some sort of administrative task?

    For the former, it's likely a failure of the application installer to set
    security permissions properly, or plain ignorance on the part of the
    vendors. You might want to look at http://www.threatcode.com

    If the latter, you'll have to live with it.

    --
    Steve Foster
    ------------

    Steve Foster, Dec 20, 2009

  3. Rainer

    Carlos Guest

    Rainer,
    Short answer: Yes.
    How: http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window-on-windows/?p=635
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 20, 2009
  4. You can give the Norton UAC Tool a try. It is a beta but it DOES work. I
    have used it on Vista. It does NOT work under Windows 7. Make sure you
    download the correct 32 bit or 64 bit version for YOUR version of Vista.

    http://www.symantec.com/norton/theme.jsp?themeid=labs_uac&header=0&depthpath=0

    --

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP

    Richard Urban, Dec 21, 2009
  5. Rainer

    Merkury Guest

    I, like Rainer, would like to run one specific program without the UAC box
    popping every time. After reading these responses this is how I feel.

    It seems crazy that you would need a third party program to launch a known
    program without a popup box to click every time. Is there really no way to
    add programs to a list of allowed software? I guess the reasoning behind
    this is that malware could exploit an option like that? So frustrating, and
    people like myself do not want to add extra crap to overcome ridiculous
    problems like UAC popups. I don't think I have ever seen UAC popup for
    anything that I did not intend to run anyway. I may just take my chances
    and turn it off.

    Merkury, Dec 29, 2009