    1.0.7 (20050923??

    thanks

    bob
    bob from Oz, Apr 9, 2006

  2. *bob from Oz* wrote on 09.04.06 22:53:
    > i didn't get a great response from my last post regarding killfiling
    > via Thunderbird. i take it that this impossible. using TBird version
    > 1.0.7 (20050923??

    Set up a filter for the newsserver (or just a single newsgroup, which
    only works with TBird 1.5 and above) named "kill" or something else.
    Copy the email of the unwanted poster(s) and paste it into the filter
    as "from" - "is".
    Select as actions "mark as read" and "delete message".

    This only works for new incoming messages.
    If you want to remove older messages you've got to remove the
    *.msf-file of the corresponding newsgroup or newsserver in your
    TBird-Profile. This way all the messages are loaded again and
    marked as unread.

    HTH, Miller
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Burkhard_M=FCller?=, Apr 9, 2006