usefull mozilla stuff

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by VC, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. VC

    VC Guest

    VC, Feb 28, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. VC

    Soz Guest

    Save the HTML shit for email
     
    Soz, Feb 28, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. VC

    vc Guest

    Quoting Soz:
    > Save the HTML shit for email

    im sorry will take care from now on
     
    vc, Feb 29, 2004
    #3
  4. vc <> wrote:

    >im sorry will take care from now on

    But will you repost the content of your OP in readable (text) form?
    --
    TIA,
    Derald
     
    Derald Martin, Feb 29, 2004
    #4
  5. Derald Martin wrote:

    > vc <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>im sorry will take care from now on

    >
    > But will you repost the content of your OP in readable (text) form?


    It was perectly readable from here. Does Agent not have an equivalent
    to Mozilla's View>>Message Body as>>Plain Text?

    Folks can post in html all day, and I'm unaware of it until someone
    points it out.

    Lee
     
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 29, 2004
    #5
  6. VC

    Soz Guest

    In article <q6m0c.56859$>,
    says...
    > Derald Martin wrote:
    >
    > > vc <> wrote:
    > >
    > >
    > >>im sorry will take care from now on

    > >
    > > But will you repost the content of your OP in readable (text) form?

    >
    > It was perectly readable from here. Does Agent not have an equivalent
    > to Mozilla's View>>Message Body as>>Plain Text?
    >
    > Folks can post in html all day, and I'm unaware of it until someone
    > points it out.
    >
    > Lee
    >
    >

    Yes can can turn off HTML in Agent, same in Gravity and most likely any
    other worthy newsreader.

    Perhaps i came off a little harsh but at least the OP now knows that
    posting in HTML is generaly frowned upon in Newsgroups.
     
    Soz, Feb 29, 2004
    #6
  7. Soz wrote:

    > In article <q6m0c.56859$>,
    > says...
    >
    >>Derald Martin wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>vc <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>im sorry will take care from now on
    >>>
    >>> But will you repost the content of your OP in readable (text) form?

    >>
    >>It was perectly readable from here. Does Agent not have an equivalent
    >>to Mozilla's View>>Message Body as>>Plain Text?
    >>
    >>Folks can post in html all day, and I'm unaware of it until someone
    >>points it out.
    >>
    >>Lee
    >>
    >>

    >
    > Yes can can turn off HTML in Agent, same in Gravity and most likely any
    > other worthy newsreader.
    >
    > Perhaps i came off a little harsh but at least the OP now knows that
    > posting in HTML is generaly frowned upon in Newsgroups.


    So I would have figured, thanks for the confirmation.

    Well, yeah, a little harsh probably, but VC seemd to take it as
    constructive criticism anyway

    Lee
    --
    Leonidas Jones
    Mozilla Champion
    Learn about the Champs!
    http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org
    The UFAQ'S
    http://www.ufaq.org/
    Check out the Posting Guidelines!
    http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org/guidelines.html

    http://mozilla.org
     
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 29, 2004
    #7
  8. Leonidas Jones <> wrote:

    >Folks can post in html all day, and I'm unaware of it until someone
    >points it out.

    That is as may be but you miss the point. The answer to your
    question is, "No, it doesn't but I wouldn't want it to."; but you knew
    that, I suspect. Agent can be configured to call a HTML engine, which
    _is_ what it to do were I actually to read some butthead's HTML posting.
    Although, Agent offers a raw message view similar to a browser's "view
    source", it does not strip tags nor should it. The function is
    unnecessary in a newsreader because the tags are inappropriate in usenet
    posts, in the first place, so one merely ignores messages from dweebs
    who don't know or care. It quickly becomes automatic to twit them along
    with top-posters. I mean no offense to OP, but, truth is, long years'
    experience has shown me there is likely to be little reason to read
    either group (they tend to be really really new, really really stupid or
    both) but that's just a personal preference.
    The defect which you point out in the Mozilla/Thunderbird
    newsreader merely encourages disregard and ignorance of UUNET
    conventions and standards and certainly removes it from serious
    consideration by a great many people. Too bad; surely it will be
    corrected by v1.
    Ironic, ain't it, that while Mickey$oft is so often (justly)
    berated for its disregard for WWW standards the Self-Appointed Defenders
    of the Faith foist off a lame mail/news client that disregards UUNET
    standards that have been in place since before there even was a WWW and
    actually encourages the clueless to spam the network with utterly
    pointless HTML tags. What's _that_ all about; "progress", I guess. At
    present, anyone wanting a _good_ free newsreading app that actually
    _works_ would do well to cop "XNews" or 40tude's "Dialog" and wait for
    Mozilla/TBird to be finished.
    --
    HTH,
    Derald
     
    Derald Martin, Feb 29, 2004
    #8
  9. Derald Martin wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Folks can post in html all day, and I'm unaware of it until someone
    >>points it out.

    >
    > That is as may be but you miss the point. The answer to your
    > question is, "No, it doesn't but I wouldn't want it to."; but you knew
    > that, I suspect. Agent can be configured to call a HTML engine, which
    > _is_ what it to do were I actually to read some butthead's HTML posting.
    > Although, Agent offers a raw message view similar to a browser's "view
    > source", it does not strip tags nor should it. The function is
    > unnecessary in a newsreader because the tags are inappropriate in usenet
    > posts, in the first place, so one merely ignores messages from dweebs
    > who don't know or care. It quickly becomes automatic to twit them along
    > with top-posters. I mean no offense to OP, but, truth is, long years'
    > experience has shown me there is likely to be little reason to read
    > either group (they tend to be really really new, really really stupid or
    > both) but that's just a personal preference.
    > The defect which you point out in the Mozilla/Thunderbird
    > newsreader merely encourages disregard and ignorance of UUNET
    > conventions and standards and certainly removes it from serious
    > consideration by a great many people. Too bad; surely it will be
    > corrected by v1.
    > Ironic, ain't it, that while Mickey$oft is so often (justly)
    > berated for its disregard for WWW standards the Self-Appointed Defenders
    > of the Faith foist off a lame mail/news client that disregards UUNET
    > standards that have been in place since before there even was a WWW and
    > actually encourages the clueless to spam the network with utterly
    > pointless HTML tags. What's _that_ all about; "progress", I guess. At
    > present, anyone wanting a _good_ free newsreading app that actually
    > _works_ would do well to cop "XNews" or 40tude's "Dialog" and wait for
    > Mozilla/TBird to be finished.


    I am glad to see that Agent and Gravity do have the capabilty I
    mentioned. I figured it would.

    As far as TB's abilities as a newsreader, well I agree it has its
    limitations. However for my needs and many others, the convenience of a
    mail/news client combined, alng with my more modest needs for a
    newsreader, it suits me fine. If I were heavily into groups requireing
    multi part yenc decoding, I would run screaming to mopre fully
    functioned news client. I'm not.

    I suppose more then anything I wanted to soften the hammer a little bit
    on the OP. As far as self appointed, if you are refering to the Champs,
    simply not true, however.

    Have a great day!

    Lee
     
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 29, 2004
    #9
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Arawak
    Replies:
    16
    Views:
    1,859
    Arawak
    Aug 16, 2003
  2. fredcromer

    my web search/bar usefull??

    fredcromer, Jun 29, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    4,233
    fredcromer
    Jun 30, 2004
  3. Chris Bell

    Found a usefull utility for digital images

    Chris Bell, Jul 18, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    332
    Cyrus Chvala
    Jul 20, 2003
  4. unitek

    usefull courses and certifications

    unitek, Sep 29, 2006, in forum: General Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    714
    unitek
    Sep 29, 2006
  5. Franc
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    425
    Franc
    Mar 10, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page