    the apps I am running would there be a significant performance difference?
    Any other issues to consider.

    TIA

    Edge, Sep 13, 2005

  2. Edge

    JANA Guest

    There will be a significant performance difference for sure. As for the
    requirement of serial and parallel ports with the new computer, you can get
    PCM cards for that. If the computer is running XP, this will not be very
    complicated to get going.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "Edge" <> wrote in message
    I need a notebook computer for email, web browsing, word processing and
    audio cd ripping. 1 GHz P3 and early P4 notebooks go for about $ 400, while
    a Dell Pentium M 725 is about $ 600 without serial or parallel ports. For

    JANA, Sep 14, 2005