Used Users' Poem

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Holly Hider, Freedom Fighter, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. Used Users' Poem
    (inspired by true experiences with Microsoft products)
    While rushing to client, no moment to spare
    I hurried to finish a job in despair.
    Trying to upload some files to my site...
    Nothing was happening, try as I might!

    I pounded and shouted and yelled at the screen,
    But this did not work it to well it would seem.
    So I thought a download would fix me up quick,
    But I should have beaten myself with a stick.

    The ftp download wiped out my accounts,
    It clobbered my passwords and ate all my fonts.
    So I used my backup, but when I reboot,
    My mouse was quite active but keyboard was moot.

    "Oh my god holy," I think I did scream,
    Followed by something extremely obscene.

    I got down on my knees...
    I crossed my fingers and said "god, OH please!"
    "If you can see it in your heart!"
    With my hand on my PC I yelled out..."RESTART!"

    I then hit the reboot and covered my head,
    With my favorite blanket to stave off the dread.
    My PC made sounds that I've not heard before,
    I got a strong feeling to head for the door.

    And when I had gained enough courage to see,
    I saw a blue screen staring right back at me.
    MICROSOFT ERROR EXCEPTION IS FATAL!
    I then wished Bill Gates had been killed when pre-natal.

    And just when I thought all my hope had been shot,
    A message appeared: "Insert Card Into Slot"
    I looked in my wallet and took out my Visa,
    And offered it to my PC on my knees-a.

    It disappeared quickly and then it popped out,
    My PC rebooted, and maxed my account.
    Then what to my wondering eyes should appear,
    Than a pictures of Gates robbing me peer-to-peer.

    "Merry Christmas!" He shouted,
    "Not for YOU but for ME!"
    "It's Christmas year-round...
    ....For my MONOPOLY!"

    --HHFF
    Holly Hider, Freedom Fighter
    Holly Hider, Freedom Fighter, Aug 30, 2003