    interface and it cleans up some color problems that the D1 had.

    I don't like the D100 because I want to be able to shoot through a
    T-mount telescope adapter and still have automatic exposure.
    Paul Rubin, Jul 30, 2003

  2. Paul Rubin

    Gavin Cato Guest

    Is the D1H a lot extra?

    I bought a 2nd hand D1h and love it, I prefer it over my D100 now. I keep
    the D100 as a 2nd body and for long exposures.

    Although it's only 2.7mp you'll be surprised - the sensor is much better
    quality than the D100's and prints from it look great.

    Cheers

    Gav

    Gavin Cato, Jul 30, 2003

  3. Paul Rubin

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Gavin Cato" <> writes:
    > Is the D1H a lot extra?

    Last I looked, a used D1 was about 1000 USD and D1H was maybe 1500.
    I'm not seriously in the market right now, just exploring
    possibilities, so of course I'd check again if and when I can buy
    something.
    Paul Rubin, Jul 30, 2003
  4. Paul Rubin

    Marko Guest

    I used both D1 and D1h. I really can say that I would add that 500 $ extra
    because D1H is really great camera for me at the first
    place because of the corrected noise (at 1600 ISO in particular) and colors.
    I would really go for D1H.
    --
    Marco

    Marko, Jul 30, 2003
  5. Paul Rubin

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Infocus" <> writes:
    > I just bought mine last week. I love it. I paid $1400.00 US. I think the D1h
    > and X are alot more than a few hundred $$ over the D1.

    You paid $1400 for a D1 or for a D1h? I thought I'd seen D1's in the
    1000 range, which is what got me interested.

    I don't think I'd want a D1x. Slower handling, weird non-square
    pixels, etc.
    Paul Rubin, Jul 30, 2003
  6. Paul Rubin

    Gavin Cato Guest

    > I don't think I'd want a D1x. Slower handling, weird non-square
    > pixels, etc.

    The pixels might be weird on paper but in actual practice they work
    extremely well.
    Gavin Cato, Jul 30, 2003
  7. Paul Rubin

    Infocus Guest

    Nope, It is definately a D1. $1400.00 dollars complete with software,
    battery, AC charger and video cords. That was the cheapest I could find them
    for. The D1H and D1X were over $2,000.00. If you can buy a D1 for $1000.00
    complete ,let me know because I might buy another one. I have seen some used
    D100's for around $1100.00.

    Infocus, Jul 30, 2003
  8. Paul Rubin

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Gavin Cato" <> writes:
    > > I don't think I'd want a D1x. Slower handling, weird non-square
    > > pixels, etc.

    > The pixels might be weird on paper but in actual practice they work
    > extremely well.

    My local store rents out a D1x for $150 a day so I might try it out
    sometime. They also rent a Canon EOS-1Ds for $200 a day and I'm
    tempted to try THAT out just for the heck of it sometime, even though
    I'm completely unlikely to buy one. I have a project I could use
    it for, that I could probably finish in a day.
    Paul Rubin, Jul 31, 2003
  9. Paul Rubin

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Infocus" <> writes:
    > Nope, It is definately a D1. $1400.00 dollars complete with software,
    > battery, AC charger and video cords. That was the cheapest I could find them
    > for. The D1H and D1X were over $2,000.00. If you can buy a D1 for $1000.00
    > complete ,let me know because I might buy another one. I have seen some used
    > D100's for around $1100.00.

    I saw some on Ebay for that but you're right, accessories may have
    been missing. I didn't check real carefully because I want to sell
    off some getting-worthless-faster film SLR stuff before buying a DSLR.
    Maybe after the D2H comes out, the D1/D1H will get even cheaper.
    Paul Rubin, Jul 31, 2003