    My friend is giving me a used laptop that has Windows 98 on it but I want to
    delete it and put 3.1 on it. Should I just run FDISK to wipe the drive abnd
    start over, or are there certain hardware configurations I need to keep?

    Ernie Werbel, Aug 1, 2006

  2. Ernie Werbel

    Travis Guest

    FDISK and install.

    Travis, Aug 25, 2006

  3. Travis wrote in message ...
    >FDISK and install.

    Thanks, Travis. It's all working great now. Actually it had XP on it and took
    about 10 minutes to boot and I couldn't get past the login screen. So I booted
    with the DOS 6.22 diskette, copied FDISK to C: and ran it. Fast-forward to now,
    I have high speed Internet and everything, not to mention a 15-second boot time
    to WfW 3.11.

    0054040905416, Aug 25, 2006