Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by old man, Mar 16, 2008.

  1. old man

    old man Guest

    and the question was?

    old man, Mar 16, 2008

  2. old man

    Rôgêr Guest

    old man wrote:
    > and the question was?

    I think it was intended as humor, old man.

    philo, Mar 16, 2008
  4. old man

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 15:00:35 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:

    >"Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> old man wrote:
    >> > and the question was?

    >> I think it was intended as humor, old man.

    >I tell my girlfriend ten "jokes" a day.
    >(Since they are not funny, I guess they are nor jokes then)
    >
    >Once or twice a year she actually will laugh at one.
    >
    >Today I am giving her a break
    >and inflicting my poor sense of humor on any Usenet reader who ,
    >by some hirrible mistake has stumbled upon one of my posts..
    >
    >Now go drink some green beer !!!!

    I think you've already had enough, Mister Hirrible.

    LOL

    --
    A luser is someone who returns a perfectly good hammer to the hardware
    store saying "There's something wrong with it.  I keep hitting my
    Mara, Mar 16, 2008
  5. old man

    philo Guest

    philo, Mar 16, 2008
  6. old man

    philo Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 15:00:35 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I think it was intended as humor, old man.

    > >I tell my girlfriend ten "jokes" a day.
    > >(Since they are not funny, I guess they are nor jokes then)
    > >
    > >Once or twice a year she actually will laugh at one.
    > >
    > >Today I am giving her a break
    > >and inflicting my poor sense of humor on any Usenet reader who ,
    > >by some hirrible mistake has stumbled upon one of my posts..
    > >
    > >Now go drink some green beer !!!!

    > I think you've already had enough, Mister Hirrible.
    >
    > LOL

    Even in my drinking days I think I had better sense than what I seem to have
    now...
    stone sober!

    philo, Mar 16, 2008
  7. old man

    Rôgêr Guest

    philo wrote:
    > "Mara" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 15:00:35 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I tell my girlfriend ten "jokes" a day.
    >>> (Since they are not funny, I guess they are nor jokes then)
    >>>
    >>> Once or twice a year she actually will laugh at one.
    >>>
    >>> Today I am giving her a break
    >>> and inflicting my poor sense of humor on any Usenet reader who ,
    >>> by some hirrible mistake has stumbled upon one of my posts..
    >>>
    >>> Now go drink some green beer !!!!

    >> I think you've already had enough, Mister Hirrible.
    >>
    >> LOL
    >>

    > Even in my drinking days I think I had better sense than what I seem to have
    > now...
    > stone sober!

    Don't worry, I thought it was funny. Maybe not LOL funny, but humorous.
    Rôgêr, Mar 16, 2008
  8. old man

    philo Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > philo wrote:
    > > "Mara" <> wrote in message

    > >> I think you've already had enough, Mister Hirrible.
    > >>
    > >> LOL
    > >>

    > > Even in my drinking days I think I had better sense than what I seem to

    have
    > > now...
    > > stone sober!

    > Don't worry, I thought it was funny. Maybe not LOL funny, but humorous.

    Of course I forgot that second-hand items are no longer referred to as
    "used"

    It's pre-owned.
    philo, Mar 16, 2008
  9. old man

    Thip Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > Heck, the computer is brand new
    > and now I see it has *used* disk space.
    >
    > I wanted *new* disk space for cryin' out loud.
    >
    > This P1 is going right back!

    I have a nice P1 you can have. It's even got a 1.2 GB HDD and it *screams*
    with 16 MB RAM.

    Heck, I think there's a 386 down in the building. I'll throw that in too.
    Thip, Mar 16, 2008
  10. old man

    old man Guest

    Humor? I don't do humor, I do humour

    old man, Mar 16, 2008
  11. old man

    Rôgêr Guest

    Thip wrote:
    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    >> Heck, the computer is brand new
    >> and now I see it has *used* disk space.
    >>
    >> I wanted *new* disk space for cryin' out loud.
    >>
    >> This P1 is going right back!
    >>

    > I have a nice P1 you can have. It's even got a 1.2 GB HDD and it *screams*
    > with 16 MB RAM.

    I had a girlfriend that screamed a lot. Nearly got me kicked out of my
    apartment.
    Rôgêr, Mar 16, 2008
  12. old man

    Rôgêr Guest

    old man wrote:
    > Humor? I don't do humor, I do humour

    Well, I'll take the lift down to my red coloured Austin Healey and check
    under the bonnet if there's any extra "u"s for you. May need my torch.
    Rôgêr, Mar 16, 2008
  13. old man

    philo Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > old man wrote:
    > > Humor? I don't do humor, I do humour

    > Well, I'll take the lift down to my red coloured Austin Healey and check
    > under the bonnet if there's any extra "u"s for you. May need my torch.

    Now I did think of something funny.
    About a year ago...someone had posted that they were trying to troubleshoot
    their machine (computer)
    and they were going to have to take a torch to it.

    Before I found out they were going to use what we in the US call a
    "flashlight"
    I had posted back that I thought they were being a bit too drastic.

    Also, with the mention of Austin Healey...
    though I did not own one, I did own a Triumph TR-3 for 30 years!

    As they got rarer and the parts got harder to find (and before they started
    re-manufacturing most of them)...
    when I was on vacation (or holiday) to England I decided to call around to
    all the junk yards
    which in England are called "car breakers" I think.

    Anyway it turned out that most of those British sports cars were
    manufactured for the American market,
    so there were more of them in the US than in England.

    I ended up having to get a new windshield or was it windscreen from South
    Africa.

    You need a lot more money than I have to keep one of those things going!!!!
    I sold it on ebay.
    philo, Mar 16, 2008
  14. old man

    philo Guest

    "Thip" <> wrote in message

    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    > > Heck, the computer is brand new
    > > and now I see it has *used* disk space.
    > >
    > > I wanted *new* disk space for cryin' out loud.
    > >
    > > This P1 is going right back!
    > >

    > I have a nice P1 you can have. It's even got a 1.2 GB HDD and it

    *screams*
    > with 16 MB RAM.
    >
    > Heck, I think there's a 386 down in the building. I'll throw that in too.

    I have a weakness for old, junked machines
    and almost never turn on down.

    This weekend I had a chance to pick up about 30 old MACs.
    I actually had enough sense to turn them down!

    That would have been a disaster.
    philo, Mar 16, 2008
  15. old man

    philo Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Thip wrote:
    > > "philo" <> wrote in message
    > >> Heck, the computer is brand new
    > >> and now I see it has *used* disk space.
    > >>
    > >> I wanted *new* disk space for cryin' out loud.
    > >>
    > >> This P1 is going right back!
    > >>

    > > I have a nice P1 you can have. It's even got a 1.2 GB HDD and it

    *screams*
    > > with 16 MB RAM.

    > I had a girlfriend that screamed a lot. Nearly got me kicked out of my
    > apartment.

    He he.

    I've been there too.
    Made the ex-wife look like an angel.

    That was a looong time ago though. It took me until the age of 50 to even
    begin to have the first inklings of common sense.
    philo, Mar 16, 2008
  16. old man

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:14:18 -0500, "philo" <> wrote:

    >"Mara" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 15:00:35 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:

    <snip>
    >> >Today I am giving her a break
    >> >and inflicting my poor sense of humor on any Usenet reader who ,
    >> >by some hirrible mistake has stumbled upon one of my posts..
    >> >
    >> >Now go drink some green beer !!!!

    >> I think you've already had enough, Mister Hirrible.
    >>
    >> LOL
    >>

    >Even in my drinking days I think I had better sense than what I seem to have
    >now...
    >stone sober!

    Oh, come on. It stuck me as quite funny. <g>

    Mara, Mar 17, 2008
  17. old man

    philo Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:14:18 -0500, "philo" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Mara" <> wrote in message
    > >> On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 15:00:35 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:

    > <snip>

    > >> I think you've already had enough, Mister Hirrible.
    > >>
    > >> LOL
    > >>

    > >Even in my drinking days I think I had better sense than what I seem to

    have
    > >now...
    > >stone sober!

    > Oh, come on. It stuck me as quite funny. <g>

    Well I'm still going to be leaving that green beer for others to enjoy!!!!

    philo, Mar 17, 2008
  18. old man

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 19:04:29 -0500, "philo" <> wrote:

    <snip>
    >Well I'm still going to be leaving that green beer for others to enjoy!!!!

    What we used to call "green" beer here was beer that had been
    bottled/canned/whatever a LONG time before it should have been. (Or, from the
    taste, should have been reported to the EPA as toxic waste.) I remember sampling
    it when I was about 16 and deciding it wasn't for me.

    That was some *nasty* crap. Ewwww.

    Mara, Mar 17, 2008
  19. old man

    Thip Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message

    > I had a girlfriend that screamed a lot. Nearly got me kicked out of my
    > apartment.

    Hubby used to scream a lot. I prayed for laryngitis. :)
    Thip, Mar 17, 2008