    Budget $300. Will that get It?

    Thanks,
    Bill

    Willie McHale, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Willie McHale

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Willie McHale wrote:

    > Can anyone suggest a good value for a used digital camera.
    > I have not owned one as of yet.
    >
    > I would use it for family and nature shots. Would like a 10x optical zoom.
    >
    > Budget $300. Will that get It?

    Look for the Canon Pro90IS or Olympia 2100UZ.. Both have 10X zoom..
    They also have image stabilized lenses to boot.. (Only 2 Megapixels
    however)..

    They're both in the $300.00 range.. I had a Pro90.. Good camera.

    Jim Townsend, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Willie McHale

    Lew Guest

    Look on Ebay for a Panasonic FZ1. X12 optical zoom, f2.8 all focul lengths,
    and stablized so you can hand hold at x12. 2mp. They are selling for about
    $300 since a new 4mp version, FZ10, is out.
    Lew

    Lew, Jan 12, 2004
  4. Willie McHale

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Willie McHale wrote:

    > Can anyone suggest a good value for a used digital camera.
    > I have not owned one as of yet.
    >
    > I would use it for family and nature shots. Would like a 10x optical zoom.
    >
    > Budget $300. Will that get It?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bill

    Nope. Look at Kodak DX6490 and Olympus C750. Both are about $200 over
    that price. For $300, expect a 3x optical zoom. Don't even both
    looking at the digital zoom spec.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 12, 2004
  5. Willie McHale

    Bill Guest

    You can find a brand new Fujifilm S5000 for about that price if you look
    online. It has a 10X optical zoom plus a lot of other nice features. Try
    www.dpreview.com and scroll down. There are listed several places that sell
    it, along with the base price. No matter what you buy, you'll want a bigger
    memory card as well.

    Good luck,
    Bill

    Bill, Jan 12, 2004