    I now own Nikon D50 DSLR camera. I am wondering whether there is a way to
    use this glass for D50 using an adaptor.
    If so , please give me an instruction how to do. TIA. Satoshi

    Satoshi, Oct 31, 2006

  2. Satoshi

    All_Thumbs Guest

    "Satoshi" <> wrote in message
    news:ei67ti$neg$...
    >I have a very old Pentax Spotmatic film camera with Super Takumar 1:1.4
    >(50 mm) lens.
    > I now own Nikon D50 DSLR camera. I am wondering whether there is a way
    > to use this glass for D50 using an adaptor.
    > If so , please give me an instruction how to do. TIA. Satoshi

    Lets see, I found this ...

    http://www.hermes.net.au/bayling/repair.html

    nope, that might not be what you are looking for ....

    You are possibly looking for a M42 to Nikon adapter.

    All_Thumbs, Oct 31, 2006

  3. Satoshi

    Satoshi Guest

    Hi,

    >> You are possibly looking for a M42 to Nikon adapter.

    Could you please more specific on M42 ring and Nikon adaptor?
    Even though I owned the Pentax camera for about 40 years, I have no idea
    about M42.
    Your help would be appreciated.

    Satoshi

    Satoshi, Oct 31, 2006
  4. Satoshi

    All_Thumbs Guest

    "Satoshi" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    >>> You are possibly looking for a M42 to Nikon adapter.

    > Could you please more specific on M42 ring and Nikon adaptor?
    > Even though I owned the Pentax camera for about 40 years, I have no idea
    > about M42.
    > Your help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Satoshi
    >

    > "All_Thumbs" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Satoshi" <> wrote in message
    >>>I have a very old Pentax Spotmatic film camera with Super Takumar 1:1.4
    >>>(50 mm) lens.
    >>> I now own Nikon D50 DSLR camera. I am wondering whether there is a way
    >>> to use this glass for D50 using an adaptor.
    >>> If so , please give me an instruction how to do. TIA. Satoshi
    >>>

    >> Lets see, I found this ...
    >>
    >> http://www.hermes.net.au/bayling/repair.html
    >>
    >> nope, that might not be what you are looking for ....
    >>
    >> You are possibly looking for a M42 to Nikon adapter.

    Pentax uses a screw in lens, right? The M42 adapter is sized to the Pentax
    lens, the other side fits the Nikon mount.

    On your search engine type "Pentax Nikon Adapter".

    All_Thumbs, Oct 31, 2006
  5. Satoshi

    tomm42 Guest

    On Oct 30, 8:12 pm, "Satoshi" <> wrote:
    > I have a very old Pentax Spotmatic film camera with Super Takumar 1:1.4 (50
    > mm) lens.
    > I now own Nikon D50 DSLR camera. I am wondering whether there is a way to
    > use this glass for D50 using an adaptor.
    > If so , please give me an instruction how to do. TIA. Satoshi

    The Nikon body is thicker than the Pentax so the lens will not focus to
    infinity even if you do find an adapter. Would fit a Pentax DSLR. Nikon
    bodies are the thickest of all the SLRs, so you cannot adapt other
    mount lenses to Nikons. On the other hand you can adapt Nikon lenses to
    other cameras, strictly manual though.

    Tom

    tomm42, Oct 31, 2006