    Can any body help me in sending SMS from windows application created using
    visual basic.net 2003. I want to use my mobile instead of using third party
    tools.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3VyZXNoIEJvamph?=, Jun 23, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U3VyZXNoIEJvamph?=

    Eric Moreau Guest

    You can send a regular e-mail to send a SMS. The trick is to find the
    gateway related to the provider of the cell phone you are trying to reach.
    These can help:
    · http://www.livejournal.com/tools/textmessage.bml?mode=details
    · http://www.notepage.net/smtp.htm
    · http://simpleforce.net/fastsms/cellpro.html
    · http://www.mymobileguardian.com/MG_Conventions.htm

    --

    HTH

    Éric Moreau, MCSD, Visual Developer - Visual Basic MVP
    (http://aspnet2.com/mvp.ashx?EricMoreau)
    Conseiller Principal / Senior Consultant
    Concept S2i inc. (www.s2i.com)

    Eric Moreau, Jun 23, 2005

  3. Hi Eric,
    This is a good idea. but, this needs internet connection. And more over, Our
    network provider doesn't support such facility. and even if they provide, we
    need to know the provider of the mobile number for which SMS has to be sent.

    I want to connect my mobile to the application. So that the reciever can
    feel that i am sending the SMS. Not the application.

    Do you have any idea how to connect the mobile to the application.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3VyZXNoIEJvamph?=, Jun 28, 2005
  4. By looking for some topics under "Smart Device development" you should find
    something about this. Perhaps create a Mobile ASP .NET web application.

    Regards,
    Davin Eastley

    www.davineastley.tk
    Forums Home