    using many CDR's.

    Nero6303 doesn't seem to support this, unless I am mistaken?

    Robert
    Rv!, Feb 23, 2004

  2. Rv!

    Michael-NC Guest

    "Rv!" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    > Is it possible to use a DVDR disk as a larger
    > storage device (than a CDR)? I would like to archive
    > a large file collection and this would be easier than
    > using many CDR's.
    >
    > Nero6303 doesn't seem to support this, unless I am mistaken?
    >
    > Robert

    You can certainly use a DVD disc as storage and Nero supports it with In CD.

    I have Easy CD 6 and can packet write to a DVD with it as well.
    Michael-NC, Feb 23, 2004

  3. Rv!

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Rv!" <> wrote in news:1077502421.21488.0
    @ersa.uk.clara.net:

    > Nero6303 doesn't seem to support this, unless I am mistaken?

    I have Nero 6 and yes, I can easily burn a DVD-/+RW disc just as I'd burn a
    CDRW. In fact, I use this as a weekly backup for a few machines. I burn 4
    GB of stuff, which would take six 800MB CDRs, vs 1 DVD+RW. There is a
    dropdown on the left hand side of Nero that normally says "CD", just click
    it and pick "DVD" and you'll get a new set of choices.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Feb 23, 2004
  4. Rv!

    Thor Guest

    "Rv!" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > Is it possible to use a DVDR disk as a larger
    > storage device (than a CDR)? I would like to archive
    > a large file collection and this would be easier than
    > using many CDR's.
    >
    > Nero6303 doesn't seem to support this, unless I am mistaken?

    Yes you can do this. Nero should be able to do it. Select DVD-ROM from the
    DVD menu option.
    Thor, Feb 23, 2004
  5. Rv!

    Thor Guest

    "Michael-NC" <> wrote in message
    > "Rv!" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > > Is it possible to use a DVDR disk as a larger
    > > storage device (than a CDR)? I would like to archive
    > > a large file collection and this would be easier than
    > > using many CDR's.
    > >
    > > Nero6303 doesn't seem to support this, unless I am mistaken?
    > >
    > > Robert

    > You can certainly use a DVD disc as storage and Nero supports it with In

    CD.

    > I have Easy CD 6 and can packet write to a DVD with it as well.

    If I'm not mistaken, you have to use a DVD/RW disc for packet writing on
    InCD. Same goes for CDRW. It doesn't support packet writing on a DVD/R or
    CD-R.
    Thor, Feb 23, 2004
  6. Rv!

    Rv! Guest

    Hi all,
    I'll reply a tthe root again as it's easier.
    Thanks for all the replies so far.
    Rv!, Feb 23, 2004
  7. Rv!

    Rv! Guest

    "Rv!" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi all,
    > I'll reply a tthe root again as it's easier.
    > Thanks for all the replies so far.

    Oops hit send by mistake...

    Anyway, I was just about to say that sometimes I
    can really feel stupid. Yes, I now can easily see
    the CD/DVD drop down box that was so invisible last
    night. Thanks for all of your time!

    Robert
    Rv!, Feb 23, 2004