    works well. Why? I had compile it under Windows 2003 x64 but have the same
    problem. Who can help me?

    Thenks
    =?Utf-8?B?R2l4?=, May 4, 2007

  2. You'll probably do better asking this question in one of the programming
    newsgroups. This group is primarily for general 64-bit questions.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 4, 2007

  3. Ops... sorry!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?R2l4?=, May 4, 2007
  4. gina problem on 64 bit xp

    hi there,my custom gina works fine on server 2003 32 bit and xp 32 bit,but when i compiled it for 64 bit then it fails to load,i have xp 64 bit installed on my system.?
    thanx in advance

    Gi wrote:

    Use custom GINA
    04-May-07

    Hi, I have a problem with use of custom GINA under Windows 2003 x64
    At logon the system crash and I must restart and use msginam, under other
    OS, like Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 (all x32), my custom GINA
    works well. Why? I had compile it under Windows 2003 x64 but have the same
    problem. Who can help me

    Thenks

    On Friday, May 04, 2007 5:59 AM
    Gi wrote:

    Use custom GINA
    Hi, I have a problem with use of custom GINA under Windows 2003 x64
    At logon the system crash and I must restart and use msginam, under other
    OS, like Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 (all x32), my custom GINA
    works well. Why? I had compile it under Windows 2003 x64 but have the same
    problem. Who can help me

    Thenks

    -
    Charlie
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    On Friday, May 04, 2007 9:59 AM
    Gi wrote:

    Re: Use custom GINA
    Ops... sorry!!

    JavaScript - Modal Dialog Box - Cross Browser
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...c8-0f561ff9f681/javascript--modal-dialog.aspx
    abhinav joshi, Nov 26, 2009
  5. Re: gina problem on 64 bit xp

    Custom GINAs are way outside this newsgroup's charter. And since I have a
    good friend who has written both custom GINAs and now custom Providers
    (Vista/Win7/2k8), I can assure you that there are lots of possible problem
    areas where there are "features" that can cause issues. You really need to
    take questions around GINAs to one of the MSDN forums.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 26, 2009
  6. Re: gina problem on 64 bit xp

    When WinLogon failed to load your GINA DLL, it should assert an exception
    and record it in either the System or Application Eventlog (I can't remember
    which offhand).

    Simply creating a compile target for 64bit will NOT be enough for your GINA.
    You need to ensure you are linking to the right 64bit libraries or you will
    cause failure on load.

    If you are unsure, build a base passthrough GINA from the SDK and point
    everything to MSGINA and make sure it will correctly load on your 64bit
    target. Then attach WinDbg and step through it, tracing the entry points on
    your target system. Then change the GinaDLL reg key to your GINA and step
    through again. If you cannot even get it to load, you will know right away.
    If it loads and bails as it starts, you can step through and figure out what
    is going on.

    As Charlie mentioned, this isn't the right forum for this. But the reality
    is there is no forum that has the right experience to help you out here
    without more information. The closest would be to ask in
    microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel. However, before you do, come
    prepared. We are going to ask for trace information, minidump results and
    information from your kernel debug session. If you don't have any of this or
    don't know how to get this, consider opening a case with Microsoft
    Development PSS.

    You are in the wonderful land of kernel development. You will need to dive
    deeper and explain yourself better if you want us to help you.

    Regards,
    Dana Epp
    Microsoft Security MVP

    Dana Epp [Security MVP], Nov 26, 2009