    Le Tour de France, il serait moins dur à faire sans le vélo que sans le
    dopage. Et encore, il faudrait qu'il fasse beau !

    Coluche
    ~//ZE~~gReG//~, Dec 21, 2004

  2. Hi,

    "... service can only accept Content-Type: text/xml" means you're doing a
    request with the actual request not formatted in Xml.

    Requests to web-services can be formatted in different ways. These requests
    have to comply to the http standard. The standard describes a request as
    consisting of the following parts:
    - a request method (POST, GET, ...) followed by the resource requested
    - additional information about the "requester" and the way the additional
    request data is described. (text/xml, url-encoded, ...)
    - additional request data, formatted as described in the second part.

    So a valid request to a service accepting url-encoded requests could look
    like this:
    --------
    POST /service-uri.asp
    method=getPhone&userId=user1&password=password1
    --------
    while the same xml formatted request could look like this
    --------
    POST /service-uri.asp
    <Service ...>
    <getPhone>
    <userId>user1</userId>
    <password>password1</password>
    </getPhone>
    </Service>
    --------

    So, in short: you're not using the correct way to describe the request.

    PS. All terms used in above description could be wrong / not precisely
    correct / or sound like the actual term.
    PS2 Have a look at http://www.w3schools.com/soap/default.asp to learn some
    more about soap

    Erik

    news.tilbu1.nb.home.nl, Dec 21, 2004