    using the broadband connection. Any ideas?

    --
    Professor Marconi is resting his brain in a pickle jar just now.

    Harold Potter esq., Feb 8, 2005

  2. Harold Potter esq.

    Gordon Guest

    Harold Potter esq. wrote:
    > Hope you can help.
    > Heard somewhere about a prog that lets one telephone a landline for free
    > using the broadband connection. Any ideas?

    Nope. It doesn't let you telephone "for free" it allows you to telephone
    for NOTHING.

    Gordon, Feb 8, 2005

  3. Harold Potter esq.

    SidKnee Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > Harold Potter esq. wrote:
    > > Hope you can help.
    > > Heard somewhere about a prog that lets one telephone a landline for free
    > > using the broadband connection. Any ideas?

    Yes, try downloading FWD / pulver communicator

    sidnee

    SidKnee, Feb 8, 2005
  4. Harold Potter esq.

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Harold Potter esq." <> wrote in message
    | Hope you can help.
    | Heard somewhere about a prog that lets one telephone a landline for free
    | using the broadband connection. Any ideas?

    hardware/software - Vonage
    http://www.vonage-sign-up.com/

    Software only? I haven't seen that yet. But if your caller on the other end
    has broadband, there's always the messenger programs...

    Toolman Tim, Feb 8, 2005
  5. On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 19:03:34 GMT, "Harold Potter esq."
    <> wrote:

    >Hope you can help.
    >Heard somewhere about a prog that lets one telephone a landline for free
    >using the broadband connection. Any ideas?

    www.vonage.com

    Swill

    --
    We at the Technical Support desk are on your side.
    We don't support the intenet backbone.

    Governor Swill
    www.userfriendly.org

    Governor Swill, Feb 9, 2005