    All of my usb ports are working. I have looked in device manager and they
    are being recognized but have the dreaded exclamation mark on them all. I
    have tried system restoring, uninstalling, updating drivers
    PSitsMagic, Jan 9, 2009

  2. PSitsMagic

    chisv Guest

    PSitsMagic <> wrote in message
    news:eek:dI9l.33134$2:

    > Pweeeease someone hewp !

    > Aww of my usb powts awe wowking. I hawe wooked in dewice managew and
    > th-th-they awe being wecognized but hawe th-th-the dweaded excwamation
    > mawk on th-th-them aww. I hawe twied system westowing, uninstawwing,
    > updating dwiwews

    *PLONK*
    chisv, Jan 9, 2009

  3. PSitsMagic wrote:
    > Pleeeease someone help !
    >
    > All of my usb ports are working.

    So your complaint is...

    > I have looked in device manager and
    > they are being recognized but have the dreaded exclamation mark on them
    > all.

    Might be unsigned drivers. What version of windoze are you being
    victimised by?

    > I have tried system restoring, uninstalling, updating drivers

    Well no wonder they're fucked up.

    ^_^
    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 9, 2009
  4. PSitsMagic

    chuckcar Guest

    "PSitsMagic" <> wrote in

    > Pleeeease someone help !
    >
    > All of my usb ports are working. I have looked in device manager and
    > they are being recognized but have the dreaded exclamation mark on them
    > all. I have tried system restoring, uninstalling, updating drivers

    1. What operating system are you running?
    2. *If* you're using XP or vista, try removing *everything* under USB and
    rebooting. There is a little "+" beside the universal host controller that
    you click on to open it. You click on the most indented and then remove.
    Repeat until the host controller is gone. If you have *anything* else
    in device manager marked as you mentioned, please post *exactly what it's
    called. If it fixes it fine, if then USB disappears completely then your
    USB ports/hardware are blown.

    There is mention of unsigned drivers. Did you have those specific USB
    ports on the computer when you first bought it? Did they ever work? Who
    made your computer and what model is it?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jan 9, 2009
  5. PSitsMagic

    chuckcar Guest

    psitsmagic <> wrote in

    > On 9 Jan, 23:46, chuckcar <> wrote:
    >> "PSitsMagic" <> wrote
    >> innews:eek:dI9l.33134$dD1.30080@new

    > sfe11.ams2:
    >>
    >> > Pleeeease someone help !

    >> > All of my usb ports are working. I have looked in device manager and
    >> > they are being recognized but have the dreaded exclamation mark  on t

    > hem
    >> > all. I have tried system restoring, uninstalling, updating drivers

    >> 1. What operating system are you running?
    >> 2. *If* you're using XP or vista, try removing *everything* under USB
    >> and rebooting. There is a little "+" beside the universal host
    >> controller tha

    >> you click on to open it. You click on the most indented and then
    >> remove. Repeat until the host controller is gone. If you have
    >> *anything* else in device manager marked as you mentioned, please post
    >> *exactly what it's called. If it fixes it fine, if then USB disappears
    >> completely then your USB ports/hardware are blown.
    >>
    >> There is mention of unsigned drivers. Did you have those specific USB
    >> ports on the computer when you first bought it? Did they ever work? Who
    >> made your computer and what model is it?
    >>

    > Hi there,
    > First of all im running XP and secondly i have tried uninstalling all
    > of the controllers under USB controllers and rebooting. After
    > rebooting they are all recognised again but still with the exclamation
    > mark and the following error ... 'Windows cannot load the device
    > driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing (code
    > 39)
    > The USBs are part of the motherboard and have always worked until
    > recently. Additionally the card reader isnt working either but i
    > understand that this an internal 9pin usb also. For your info the
    > computer is a Compaq Presario model number SR1329UK

    Then the problem is you're missing the drivers. If you recently ran your
    restore disk, you must have done it without just the original equipment
    the computer came with from the factory. You would either need to download
    the drivers from Compaq or run your restore disk with *only* the
    aforementioned equipment, then install the drivers for any additional
    hardware you have, shut down and plug that hardware back in.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jan 11, 2009
  6. PSitsMagic

    Peeassha Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > psitsmagic <> wrote in
    >
    >> On 9 Jan, 23:46, chuckcar <> wrote:
    >>> "PSitsMagic" <> wrote
    >>> innews:eek:dI9l.33134$dD1.30080@new

    >> sfe11.ams2:

    >> hem
    >>>
    >>> 1. What operating system are you running?
    >>> 2. *If* you're using XP or vista, try removing *everything* under USB
    >>> and rebooting. There is a little "+" beside the universal host
    >>> controller tha

    >>> you click on to open it. You click on the most indented and then
    >>> remove. Repeat until the host controller is gone. If you have
    >>> *anything* else in device manager marked as you mentioned, please post
    >>> *exactly what it's called. If it fixes it fine, if then USB disappears
    >>> completely then your USB ports/hardware are blown.
    >>>
    >>> There is mention of unsigned drivers. Did you have those specific USB
    >>> ports on the computer when you first bought it? Did they ever work? Who
    >>> made your computer and what model is it?
    >>>

    >> Hi there,
    >> First of all im running XP and secondly i have tried uninstalling all
    >> of the controllers under USB controllers and rebooting. After
    >> rebooting they are all recognised again but still with the exclamation
    >> mark and the following error ... 'Windows cannot load the device
    >> driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing (code
    >> 39)
    >> The USBs are part of the motherboard and have always worked until
    >> recently. Additionally the card reader isnt working either but i
    >> understand that this an internal 9pin usb also. For your info the
    >> computer is a Compaq Presario model number SR1329UK
    >>

    > Then the problem is you're missing the drivers. If you recently ran your
    > restore disk, you must have done it without just the original equipment
    > the computer came with from the factory. You would either need to download
    > the drivers from Compaq or run your restore disk with *only* the
    > aforementioned equipment, then install the drivers for any additional
    > hardware you have, shut down and plug that hardware back in.
    >
    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    Sounds to me like the problem is your bad advice.

    --
    dancing frog

    n. [Vancouver area] A problem that occurs on a computer that will not
    reappear while anyone else is watching. From the classic Warner Brothers
    cartoon "One Froggy Evening", featuring a dancing and singing Michigan J.
    Frog that just croaks when anyone else is around (now the WB network
    mascot).
    Peeassha, Jan 12, 2009