    back is the USB2 one and which ones are the USB1's.

    How can I tell which is which.

    Thanks
    AckAck, Nov 26, 2004

  2. In article <> AckAck <> wrote:

    >I know i have a USB2 on my computer, but I can't tell which socket on the
    >back is the USB2 one and which ones are the USB1's.
    >
    >How can I tell which is which.

    When do you ask if to tell which is which?

    >Thanks

    Will have a look at the quote in my headers Kali, when I first read it
    in Greek mythology, I was astounded that someone pre field of
    psychology was asking people to reflect on themselves and I find it
    an important reminder N ot only to myself but to others to take the
    time to research this brotherhood and expose it to your members, and
    community?

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Kali was child's play compared to Lady Chatterly - but I'm confident
    you'll prevail in the end! Just don't give up!" -- Roofshadow
    Lady Chatterly, Nov 26, 2004

  3. AckAck

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "AckAck" <> wrote in message
    |I know i have a USB2 on my computer, but I can't tell which socket on the
    | back is the USB2 one and which ones are the USB1's.
    |
    | How can I tell which is which.

    If you are using Windows XP, plug your USB 2.0 device into them one at a
    time. It will tell you (balloon popup) "This device can perform faster..."
    Toolman Tim, Nov 26, 2004
  4. AckAck

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Plug in a USB2 device. if it is a USB1 plug it will tell you.

    pcbutts1, Nov 26, 2004
  5. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
    26 Nov 2004 19:54:19 -0000, "AckAck" <>
    screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

    >I know i have a USB2 on my computer, but I can't tell which socket on the
    >back is the USB2 one and which ones are the USB1's.
    >
    >How can I tell which is which.
    >
    >Thanks

    If you have USB 2 on your computer, both are USB 2 ports. THey are
    both backwards compatible with USB 1 devices.

    Sheesh.
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Nov 27, 2004
  6. AckAck

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor" <> wrote in message
    |I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
    | 26 Nov 2004 19:54:19 -0000, "AckAck" <>
    | screamed from behind the mulberry bush:
    |
    | >I know i have a USB2 on my computer, but I can't tell which socket on the
    | >back is the USB2 one and which ones are the USB1's.
    | >
    | >How can I tell which is which.
    | >
    | >Thanks
    |
    | If you have USB 2 on your computer, both are USB 2 ports. THey are
    | both backwards compatible with USB 1 devices.
    |
    | Sheesh.

    Not necessarily...I had both on my desktop. And my laptop still does. It's
    easy to tell which is the 2.0 on the laptop though - it's a PC-card <g>
    Toolman Tim, Nov 27, 2004
  7. AckAck

    Sunny Guest

    >I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
    > 26 Nov 2004 19:54:19 -0000, "AckAck" <>
    > screamed from behind the mulberry bush:
    >
    >>I know i have a USB2 on my computer, but I can't tell which socket on the
    >>back is the USB2 one and which ones are the USB1's.
    >>
    >>How can I tell which is which.
    >>
    >>Thanks

    > If you have USB 2 on your computer, both are USB 2 ports. THey are
    > both backwards compatible with USB 1 devices.
    >
    > Sheesh.

    Not true, I have 6 USB ports (4 at rear of tower and 2 in front)
    Two of the rear ones are USB2, the others are USB1
    (ASUS P4T533-C Motherboard)
    Sunny, Nov 27, 2004
  8. AckAck

    AckAck Guest

    >I had both on my desktop. And my laptop still does. It's
    > easy to tell which is the 2.0 on the laptop though - it's a PC-card <g>

    That could be the answer, I have some on the computer/motherboard and there
    are two on a seperate PC card. Unfortunately I haven't a USB2 item yet but
    when I do buy it I will also try putting in the different sockets.

    Anyway thanks I think now it will be easy to solve.
    AckAck, Nov 27, 2004
  9. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Sat,
    27 Nov 2004 16:30:35 -0000, "AckAck" <>
    screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

    >>I had both on my desktop. And my laptop still does. It's
    >> easy to tell which is the 2.0 on the laptop though - it's a PC-card <g>

    >That could be the answer, I have some on the computer/motherboard and there
    >are two on a seperate PC card. Unfortunately I haven't a USB2 item yet but
    >when I do buy it I will also try putting in the different sockets.
    >
    >Anyway thanks I think now it will be easy to solve.

    If you have USB 2.0 *built* into the motherboard, all the sockets will
    be USB 2.0. You can *buy* a USB 2.0 card and put it into a PCI slot
    where you *will* have both USB 1 and USB 2 on an older motherboard,
    but that's something completely different.
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Nov 27, 2004
  10. AckAck

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 06:39:23 GMT, "Sunny" <> wrote:

    >"Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor" <> wrote in message
    >>I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
    >> 26 Nov 2004 19:54:19 -0000, "AckAck" <>
    >> screamed from behind the mulberry bush:
    >>
    >>>I know i have a USB2 on my computer, but I can't tell which socket on the
    >>>back is the USB2 one and which ones are the USB1's.
    >>>
    >>>How can I tell which is which.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks

    >> If you have USB 2 on your computer, both are USB 2 ports. THey are
    >> both backwards compatible with USB 1 devices.
    >>
    >> Sheesh.

    >Not true, I have 6 USB ports (4 at rear of tower and 2 in front)
    >Two of the rear ones are USB2, the others are USB1
    >(ASUS P4T533-C Motherboard)

    My computer has the same setup except that all six are both 2 and 1.
    Each usb port can use 2 via an enhanced hub or 1 via a standard hub.

    -Barry
    ========
    "I see only with deep regret that God punishes so many of His children for
    their numerous stupidities, for which only He Himself can be held responsible;
    in my opinion, only His nonexistence could excuse Him."
    [A. Einstein (Letter to Edgar Meyer, Jan. 2, 1915)]

    Barry OGrady, Dec 29, 2004
  11. AckAck

    DannyD1355 Guest

    I have 2 x USB 2s but I get messages saying the don't work properley and I need
    a high speed host controller to run them faster what do I do?
    Danny Dickinson
    (UK)
    DannyD1355, Dec 29, 2004