    Connector outlet on CPU ?
    They all appear to be the same
    Thanks
    Burt, Aug 18, 2003

  2. In article <WE30b.52409$>, burtg13
    @nospamtampabay.rr.com splurted...
    > How do discern which of the following are usb1 or usb2
    > Connector Cables?
    > USB hub?
    > Connector outlet on CPU ?
    > They all appear to be the same
    > Thanks

    USB 2 is fully backward compatible with 1.1 you cant tell the difference
    unless it is marked on the equipment.

    But plugging a 1.1 into a 2 will work ok, justa drop in speed.
    --
    Mike
    Michael Thompson, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Burt

    Burt Guest

    If I have a hub,(I don't know if it is usb 1 or 2) , and it is hooked dup to
    usb 2 port and I hook up a usb 2 device will I get the speed of usb2 on the
    device. Basically is there a difference in hubs.

    Burt, Aug 18, 2003
  4. In article <eK40b.52427$>, burtg13
    @nospamtampabay.rr.com splurted...
    > If I have a hub,(I don't know if it is usb 1 or 2) , and it is hooked dup to
    > usb 2 port and I hook up a usb 2 device will I get the speed of usb2 on the
    > device. Basically is there a difference in hubs.
    > "Michael Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <WE30b.52409$>, burtg13
    > > @nospamtampabay.rr.com splurted...
    > > > How do discern which of the following are usb1 or usb2
    > > > Connector Cables?
    > > > USB hub?
    > > > Connector outlet on CPU ?
    > > > They all appear to be the same
    > > > Thanks
    > > >

    > > USB 2 is fully backward compatible with 1.1 you cant tell the difference
    > > unless it is marked on the equipment.
    > >
    > > But plugging a 1.1 into a 2 will work ok, justa drop in speed.
    > > --
    > > Mike

    I should think it goes to the lowest speed of the device on the chain.
    --
    Mike
    Michael Thompson, Aug 18, 2003
  5. Burt

    Patrick Guest

    Burt wrote:
    > How do discern which of the following are usb1 or usb2
    > Connector Cables?
    > USB hub?
    > Connector outlet on CPU ?
    > They all appear to be the same
    > Thanks

    I don't know if this will be any help, but here is a one page PDF (Acrobat
    Reader) file that gives some information and pictures.

    http://www.clearcomputercase.com/Instructions/USB-3072002.PDF
    Patrick, Aug 18, 2003