    Is there a symbol on a USB2 cable to differentiate from 1.1?

    Looking at icon on plug can see no difference.

    Thanks

    Gel, Dec 7, 2005

  2. Gel

    Pc Rat Guest

    Gel wrote:
    > Is there a symbol on a USB2 cable to differentiate from 1.1?
    >
    > Looking at icon on plug can see no difference.
    >
    > Thanks

    its not the cable, its the PORT thats usb 1.0 or usb 2.0

    Pc Rat, Dec 9, 2005

  3. Gel

    Gel Guest

    But manufacturers calim USB2 as superior screening/transfers data
    quicker??

    Gel, Dec 9, 2005
  4. Gel

    JTJersey Guest

    On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 09:15:09 -0800, Gel wrote:

    > Is there a symbol on a USB2 cable to differentiate from 1.1?
    >
    > Looking at icon on plug can see no difference.
    >
    > Thanks

    If it has the term "High Speed" on it then it's USB2. However, using a
    cable so marked will not give you USB2 if your hardware is USB1. It will
    work, but there will be no speed increase. You need to install an add-on
    card if USB2 is not built into your motherboard.
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Dec 10, 2005
  5. Gel

    Fakename Guest

    Are you sure about that? I was under the impression they were actually
    different, but backward compatible.

    Fakename, Dec 10, 2005
  6. Gel

    Fakename Guest

    Too add to that, if the usb ports/hub in device manager has the word
    "enhanced" in it then it is USB2.

    Fakename, Dec 10, 2005
  7. Gel

    Ken Guest

    On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 05:42:19 GMT, Fakename <>
    wrote:

    > Are you sure about that? I was under the impression they were
    > actually different, but backward compatible.

    :)

    Ken, Dec 10, 2005