    problem with the device/driver?

    Regards

    Philip
    Philip Colmer, Sep 1, 2005

  2. Philip Colmer

    Pavel A. Guest

    Ask the manufacturer how to make the device startup and connect quicker.
    -PA

    Pavel A., Sep 3, 2005

  3. "Pavel A." <> wrote in message
    > Ask the manufacturer how to make the device startup and connect quicker.
    > -PA

    I'm not getting a good feeling for the manufacturer's understanding of the
    problem. I'm also seeing other problems, like the desktop PC being unable to
    copy the user's profile when they log on, but it is just fine when they use
    a cable.

    Can anyone recommend a wireless adapter, preferably USB, that they have got
    good experience of working with Active Directory and computer startups?

    --Philip
    Philip Colmer, Sep 7, 2005
  4. Philip Colmer

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Philip Colmer" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I'm not getting a good feeling for the manufacturer's understanding of the problem.

    Make sure you talk to the *real* manufacturer, not to resellers or OEMs.
    Their knowledge of the product is obviously limited :)

    >I'm also seeing other problems, like the desktop PC being unable to copy the user's profile when they log on, but it is just
    >fine when they use a cable.

    Yes this is because of the same root problem.

    --PA
    Pavel A., Sep 9, 2005
  5. "Pavel A." <> wrote in message
    > "Philip Colmer" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm not getting a good feeling for the manufacturer's understanding of
    >> the problem.

    > Make sure you talk to the *real* manufacturer, not to resellers or OEMs.
    > Their knowledge of the product is obviously limited :)

    I am :-(.

    They have latched onto the wrong part of my query, thinking that I'm saying
    that the network drivers are interfering with the proper functioning of AD.

    I'll have another go at wording the question. I think I might be better off
    finding another wireless adapter though, if anyone knows of one that works
    well with AD.

    --Philip
    Philip Colmer, Sep 12, 2005