    using a belkin but keeps cutting out. My laptop also a dell has an internal
    adaptor which is great and picks up a lot more than the belkin
    Thanks John

    John Scott, Feb 12, 2007

  2. John Scott

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:26:40 +0000, John Scott Has Frothed:

    > Anyone have an idea what the best USB adaptor for a dell pc 9200. I am
    > using a belkin but keeps cutting out. My laptop also a dell has an internal
    > adaptor which is great and picks up a lot more than the belkin
    > Thanks John

    You might want to figure out why the Belkin keeps "cutting out" before you
    spend more money.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Feb 12, 2007

  3. John Scott

    Otter Guest

    In news:p-meatplow.local,
    Meat Plow <> typed:
    > On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:26:40 +0000, John Scott Has Frothed:
    >
    >> Anyone have an idea what the best USB adaptor for a dell pc 9200. I
    >> am using a belkin but keeps cutting out. My laptop also a dell has
    >> an internal adaptor which is great and picks up a lot more than the
    >> belkin
    >> Thanks John

    > You might want to figure out why the Belkin keeps "cutting out"
    > before you spend more money.

    You mean check it on another computer, and if it still cuts out, bin it and
    get another one?

    Otter, Feb 12, 2007
  4. John Scott

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 23:51:57 +1100, Otter Has Frothed:

    > In news:p-meatplow.local,
    > Meat Plow <> typed:
    >> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:26:40 +0000, John Scott Has Frothed:
    >>
    >>> Anyone have an idea what the best USB adaptor for a dell pc 9200. I
    >>> am using a belkin but keeps cutting out. My laptop also a dell has
    >>> an internal adaptor which is great and picks up a lot more than the
    >>> belkin
    >>> Thanks John

    >> You might want to figure out why the Belkin keeps "cutting out"
    >> before you spend more money.

    > You mean check it on another computer, and if it still cuts out, bin it and
    > get another one?

    No I meant trouble shoot it and verify it's a hardware issue before
    binning it. More times than not the problem lies with Windows wireless
    config utility conflicting with the adaptor vendor's wireless utility.
    I've had it happen here and all that needed to be done was to disable one
    or the other. The Windows utility works just fine.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Feb 12, 2007
  5. John Scott wrote:
    > Anyone have an idea what the best USB adaptor for a dell pc 9200. I am
    > using a belkin but keeps cutting out. My laptop also a dell has an internal
    > adaptor which is great and picks up a lot more than the belkin
    > Thanks John

    If it's just a matter of weak signal, try something like: (note that
    there are thumbnails to the "How to" part)

    http://www.instructables.com/id/EQARE4I72GEPUCHTHU/

    People use all sorts of devices to help the signal strength of USB
    adapters. Google around some and you'll see what I mean. Look for "wifi
    extender" or "wireless antennas".

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 12, 2007