    issues because of the age of the mother board, etc.? Any other
    comments?
    Thanks in advance for any expertise offered.

    Mark, Mar 7, 2005

  2. Mark

    Thor Guest

    Just avoid the controllers that use VIA chips. Get NEC-based USB controllers
    for the best compatibility. Belkin uses NEC controller chips, but I'm not
    sure of their front panel mount options.

    Thor, Mar 7, 2005

  3. Mark

    bmoag Guest

    Some front panel mounts (and some cases also that have front USB/firewire
    ports) require that the mother board have an output jack for accessory USB
    or firewire ports; a special cable is also required that is hard to find if
    it is not included with the front panel mount. Your old Dell motherboard
    will not have those features. You would be best off with add-in PCI cards.

    bmoag, Mar 8, 2005