    Any NZ stores sell external USB tv tuners? Lots of PCI cards, but I
    can't see any listed and i can't use an internal card in this case.
    Geoff
    geoffm, Jan 14, 2004

  2. geoffm

    K & S Guest

    On 14 Jan 2004 14:04:12 -0600, geoffm <>
    wrote:

    >Any NZ stores sell external USB tv tuners? Lots of PCI cards, but I
    >can't see any listed and i can't use an internal card in this case.
    >Geoff

    Not USB but they do have ones that go direct to the TViO socket on your
    video card..
    K & S, Jan 14, 2004

  3. geoffm

    Stuart Guest

    Stuart, Jan 14, 2004
  4. geoffm

    K & S Guest

    K & S, Jan 14, 2004
  5. geoffm

    steve Guest

    geoffm allegedly said:

    > Any NZ stores sell external USB tv tuners? Lots of PCI cards, but I
    > can't see any listed and i can't use an internal card in this case.
    > Geoff

    Mail order one. Cheaper anyway.

    Or try Quay Computers:

    www.quay.co.nz

    Pixelview Play TV USB $225

    steve, Jan 14, 2004
  6. geoffm

    steve Guest

    K & S allegedly said:

    > On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:15:04 +1300, "Stuart"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"geoffm" <> wrote in message
    >>> Any NZ stores sell external USB tv tuners? Lots of PCI cards, but I
    >>> can't see any listed and i can't use an internal card in this case.
    >>> Geoff

    >>LifeView FlyTV-USB2
    >>http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=117393
    >>
    >>DSE USB 2.0 TV Tuner
    >>http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH3364
    >>

    >>Stuart

    > Yes but he did not state if he had USB 2..??

    If he doesn't he better consider using a PC that will take a PCI card.

    USB 1.1 is crap for reliable video capture at decent resolutions.

    steve, Jan 14, 2004
  7. geoffm

    Mutlley Guest

    "Stuart" <> wrote:

    >"geoffm" <> wrote in message
    >> Any NZ stores sell external USB tv tuners? Lots of PCI cards, but I
    >> can't see any listed and i can't use an internal card in this case.
    >> Geoff

    >LifeView FlyTV-USB2
    >http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=117393
    >
    >DSE USB 2.0 TV Tuner
    >http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH3364
    >

    >Stuart

    Both of these appear to have software encoders. Go for one with a
    hardware encoder. The results are far better.. i.e ADS's USB
    Instant DVD2
    Mutlley, Jan 15, 2004
  8. geoffm

    K & S Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:28:41 +1300, Mutlley <> wrote:

    >"Stuart" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"geoffm" <> wrote in message
    >>> Any NZ stores sell external USB tv tuners? Lots of PCI cards, but I
    >>> can't see any listed and i can't use an internal card in this case.
    >>> Geoff

    >>LifeView FlyTV-USB2
    >>http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=117393
    >>
    >>DSE USB 2.0 TV Tuner
    >>http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH3364
    >>

    >>Stuart
    >>

    >Both of these appear to have software encoders. Go for one with a
    >hardware encoder. The results are far better.. i.e ADS's USB
    >Instant DVD2

    And cost 200% more..
    K & S, Jan 15, 2004
  9. geoffm

    geoffm Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:51:18 +1300, K & S
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:15:04 +1300, "Stuart"
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>"geoffm" <> wrote in message
    >>> Any NZ stores sell external USB tv tuners? Lots of PCI cards, but I
    >>> can't see any listed and i can't use an internal card in this case.
    >>> Geoff

    >>LifeView FlyTV-USB2
    >>http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=117393
    >>
    >>DSE USB 2.0 TV Tuner
    >>http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH3364
    >>

    >>Stuart
    >>

    >Yes but he did not state if he had USB 2..??

    THis is to go on a laptop - I am having a flashback and becoming a
    student again this year, and it woudl be nice to have a TV and VCR -
    and the laptop can do multiple duty in my new place about the size of
    a bromcupboard.
    Any idea if these will work with HVCplus?
    geoff
    geoffm, Jan 15, 2004
  10. geoffm

    Stuart Guest

    "geoffm" <> wrote in message
    > THis is to go on a laptop - I am having a flashback and becoming a
    > student again this year, and it woudl be nice to have a TV and VCR -
    > and the laptop can do multiple duty in my new place about the size of
    > a bromcupboard.
    > Any idea if these will work with HVCplus?

    The flyvideo cards (made by lifeview) have a philips chip in them, which
    HVCPlus doesn't like. You may have some success with ExoTV.

    Stuart
    Stuart, Jan 15, 2004
  11. geoffm

    Keith Guest