    should stay away from ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Oct 28, 2009

  2. Robert11

    Mike Easter Guest

    Robert11 wrote:

    > Guess I will have to purchase a USB to RS 232 cable for a new PC.

    What do you need the serial port connectivity for?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Oct 28, 2009

  3. Robert11

    John Holmes Guest

    Mike Easter "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Robert11 wrote:
    >
    >> Guess I will have to purchase a USB to RS 232 cable for a new PC.

    > What do you need the serial port connectivity for?

    If the guy needs a fucking serial port, then who the **** do you think
    you are questioning him why he fucking needs it, you panty-sniffing,
    shipwrecked rabbit-sucker?

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Oct 28, 2009
  4. Robert11

    John Holmes Guest

    Robert11 "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Guess I will have to purchase a USB to RS 232 cable for a new PC.
    >
    > Seem to be several brands available.
    >
    > Any brands for this that based on your experiences Don't work well, and
    > should stay away from ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    Ignore that Mike Easter moron. Did you know he's a drug-addict and a
    heavy alcohol abuser?

    As for your question, all the USB to RS-232 convertors I've worked with
    did their job just fine. Most of them will be recognized when you plug
    them in.

    HTH

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Oct 28, 2009
  5. Robert11

    Mike Easter Guest

    Robert11 wrote:
    Subject: USB To RS 232 Cable
    Subject: "Easy Transfer" Cable ?
    Subject: Laptop Battery Question
    Subject: Indications If CMOS Battery Is Runbning Down
    Subject: Monitor Suggestions & Opinions Requested
    Subject: NewEgg / Tiger Direct Opinions

    What's with this drive-by Robert11 nym who likes to start new threads
    about hardware issues and then never returns to the thread?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Oct 28, 2009
  6. In message <>, Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:54:37 -0700, "Mike Easter" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Robert11 wrote:
    > >Subject: USB To RS 232 Cable
    > >Subject: "Easy Transfer" Cable ?
    > >Subject: Laptop Battery Question
    > >Subject: Indications If CMOS Battery Is Runbning Down
    > >Subject: Monitor Suggestions & Opinions Requested
    > >Subject: NewEgg / Tiger Direct Opinions
    > >
    > >What's with this drive-by Robert11 nym who likes to start new threads
    > >about hardware issues and then never returns to the thread?

    > Relative of Andy Petro?

    ZOMG! I bet hes a troll like that R063r guy!

    <nods>

    Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
    http://www.ramusa.org/
    Cash for *who*?
    http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 28, 2009
  7. Robert11

    John Holmes, Oct 28, 2009
  8. Robert11

    John Holmes, Oct 28, 2009
  9. Robert11

    chuckcar Guest

    Van Chocstraw <> wrote in

    > Robert11 wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Guess I will have to purchase a USB to RS 232 cable for a new PC.
    >>
    >> Seem to be several brands available.
    >>
    >> Any brands for this that based on your experiences Don't work well, and
    >> should stay away from ?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Bob
    >>

    > RS-232 is mighty slow.I'd stick to USB all the way.

    Faster than any mouse, keyboard or analogue modem. Most of the US that
    *has* internet is still on dial-up I believe.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 28, 2009