    Gol
    Gol's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=2035
    View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23853
    Gol, May 10, 2006

  2. Gol

    Gol Guest

    Yeah, I verified it still works on my wife's comp, which is running x
    pro (non x64). I tried running the windows xp USB driver on th
    fujifilm website, but it wouldn't run on my x64 computer. I'm not sur
    where you got that device listing from. Can that string be adde
    manually as the device driver

    --
    Go
    Gol, May 10, 2006

  3. Gol

    DP Guest

    Have you tried the Scanner and Camera Wizard? (Look for it in Help)
    When I plug in my Nikon D50 dslr, it moves the pictures with no problem.
    I have not tried installing Nikon-specific software yet. That could turn out
    to be a problem.
    But the generic camera wizard seems to work fine via USB. It will even
    delete pics from the camera after transfer if that's what I want.

    DP, May 11, 2006
  4. I plugged in my Canon PowerShot A520, detected through USB, Camera Scanner
    Wizard imported the images without any issues.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 11, 2006
  5. Gol

    Rick Guest

    As I stated before, the information is in the USBSTOR.INF file, which is
    one of the files written by Microsoft and is part of the OS.

    Rick, May 11, 2006
  6. Same here, my Casio works perfectly. I'm thinking perhaps you need a USB 2.0
    device, not all machines have that on all connectors!

    Try to move it around?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 11, 2006
  7. Gol

    Rick Guest

    Since you mentioned the ports, I had a MB that would not recognize USB 1
    devices on about half of the ports; USB 2 worked fine. I sent the board
    in for a replacement and all worked fine when I received the new board.

    Rick, May 11, 2006
  8. Yes, I vaguely remember bumping in to something of that order myself -
    cannot recall what it was, though. Specifically asked for a USB 2 connection
    and two out of eight connectors were v. 1.0!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 11, 2006
  9. Gol

    Gol Guest

    Gol, May 11, 2006
  10. Personally, maybe it's just me, I don't know why folks bother messing with
    downloading from the camera, it's sooo much easier to just pull out the
    memory card and pop it in a reader. Most of the time the camera is only
    capable of usb 1 transfer speeds, so I say why? when for 20 bucks you can get
    a usb 2 reader or better yet invest 50 in a firewire reader and really get em
    down fast.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3VlIGluIEZsb3JpZGE=?=, Jun 20, 2006
  11. Gol

    DP Guest

    I'm not trying to talk you out of your preference, but a couple of points:

    1) Do you keep the reader plugged in all the time? If so, is it readily
    accessible, or do you have to groping for it to pull it to the front of your
    work area so you can get the card into it? If it's not readily accessible,
    then I think you have to factor in all the "get-ready" time when you're
    comparing it to direct transfer from the camera.
    I doubt that I would keep the card reader plugged in and ready to go all the
    time. And because I'm basically such a messy person, it would probably take
    me 30 seconds or longer to find the card reader and plug it in. Which means
    for me it would be quicker to simply plug the camera in. (However, I would
    point out that there are card readers that go in a drive bay, so that would
    get rid of this problem,)

    2) A lot of cameras offer camera-specific features that become available
    when you plug your camera in. You lose that with a card reader. (However,
    you lose most of that with x64 as well since a lot of mfgrs aren't doing x64
    drivers for their products.)

    You may be right that your way is faster. I don't take enough pictures to
    the point that a few extra seconds matter to me.

    DP, Jun 21, 2006
  12. Gol

    John Barnes Guest

    :) Takes me more like several minutes to find it. I just leave the short
    cord plugged into the front of the computer. Fits the camera, mp3 player
    etc.

    John Barnes, Jun 21, 2006