    What can I do? To me, this a sounds like a Hardware problem, but I could be wrong. Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Alex

    AlexH113, Jul 23, 2009

  2. AlexH113

    panger123

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    China GuangDong ShenZheng
    maybe short circuit of the usb module

    up, I think!

    panger123, Aug 3, 2009

  3. AlexH113

    technoplume

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2009
    Messages:
    55
    What device, does it use an external power converter. From what I understand :

    1 - you have a broken usb port

    2 - The device overload the circuit and the pc shut down to prevent damage. The description you give of what u need to do to restart it seem a lot to me like when there is a short circuit and the PSU switch off to prevent damage. If this is the case, buy a USB router whit power adaptor. The device will drain power from the router instead of the PC.

    I advice to stop using the device, it probably already did some stress damage to the component inside.

    technoplume, Sep 9, 2009