    I would like to put my scanner through my USB hub so that I won't have the
    problem with my mouse (described earlier. Win98 Scanner:UMAX Astra
    2200
    Mushroom, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Mushroom

    Petit Alexi Guest

    "Mushroom" <> wrote in
    news:bluqdq$afp$:

    > If I run my scanner through my belkin USB hub, after a few successful
    > scans, if I try to scan again (even after a restart) it will perform
    > in a really weird way then bring up this box saying: ERROR MESSAGE
    > 00000000h
    >
    > SOLUTION
    >
    > (there is no solution)
    > I would like to put my scanner through my USB hub so that I won't have
    > the problem with my mouse (described earlier. Win98 Scanner:UMAX
    > Astra 2200

    Hello,

    no-one has answered your question yet so I'm going to make some guesses:

    Is your scanner powered by the USB port, or does it have its own power
    supply?

    I ask because a review on amazon:
    <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004Z6KW/104-8506109-
    6305550?v=glance>
    Says that the user had problems with devices that took their power from the
    usb port.

    In fact, there are quite a few negative reviews.

    <http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?
    board.id=dim_printer&message.id=13785>
    This dell forums messgae might be useful too?
    Petit Alexi, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Mushroom

    Rosco Guest

    Petit Alexi <> wrote in

    > "Mushroom" <> wrote in
    >
    >> If I run my scanner through my belkin USB hub, after a few successful
    >> scans, if I try to scan again (even after a restart) it will perform
    >> in a really weird way then bring up this box saying: ERROR MESSAGE
    >> 00000000h
    >>
    >> SOLUTION
    >>
    >> (there is no solution)
    >> I would like to put my scanner through my USB hub so that I won't
    >> have the problem with my mouse (described earlier. Win98
    >> Scanner:UMAX Astra 2200

    > Hello,
    >
    > no-one has answered your question yet so I'm going to make some
    > guesses:
    >
    > Is your scanner powered by the USB port, or does it have its own power
    > supply?
    >
    > I ask because a review on amazon:
    > <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004Z6KW/104-8506109-
    > 6305550?v=glance>
    > Says that the user had problems with devices that took their power
    > from the usb port.
    >
    > In fact, there are quite a few negative reviews.
    >
    > <http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?
    > board.id=dim_printer&message.id=13785>
    > This dell forums messgae might be useful too?

    In regards to what he said, yes if you scanner is powered via the usb
    port, your best bet is going to be to connect the scanner driectly to
    the computers port, not the hub. However some powered hubs(ones that
    plug into the wall also, not just the computer and devices) can power
    usb powered scanners.

    Rosco, Oct 8, 2003