USB problems

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Not Bill Gates, May 3, 2004.

  1. Windows XP
    AMD K6 450 Mhz
    320 MB Ram
    12 GB Hard drive

    My PC has two USB ports however I have probably 6 accessories that utilize
    USB.

    Every time I remove a USB device and connect a new device, the screen
    freezes.

    To try and resolve the problem, I have done the following

    Right Click My computer,
    Click Properties
    Click Hardware Tab
    Click Device Manager

    Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers
    I deleted ALi PCI to USB Open Host controller
    Deleted USB Root Hub

    Then reboot

    Same problem.

    Before I take a sledge to this computer, what else can I do??

    Not Bill Gates, May 3, 2004

  2. Not Bill Gates

    TT Guest

    Not Bill Gates wrote:
    > Windows XP
    > AMD K6 450 Mhz
    > 320 MB Ram
    > 12 GB Hard drive
    >
    > My PC has two USB ports however I have probably 6 accessories that utilize
    > USB.
    >
    > Every time I remove a USB device and connect a new device, the screen
    > freezes.
    >
    > To try and resolve the problem, I have done the following
    >
    > Right Click My computer,
    > Click Properties
    > Click Hardware Tab
    > Click Device Manager
    >
    > Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers
    > I deleted ALi PCI to USB Open Host controller
    > Deleted USB Root Hub
    >
    > Then reboot
    >
    > Same problem.
    >
    > Before I take a sledge to this computer, what else can I do??

    Have you gone into the properties of the device, once connected, and
    modified write caching?
    If not, that may help...

    TT, May 3, 2004

  3. Not Bill Gates

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Get a hub.

    pcbutts1, May 3, 2004
  4. What is write caching??

    Please say more..

    Not Bill Gates, May 3, 2004
  5. Not Bill Gates

    SgtMinor Guest

    How stupid are you to continue posting with a stolen address?

    Domain Name: MACROHARD.COM

    Registrant:
    MacroHard (FATLBLUBCD)
    389 Adams Road
    Greenfield, MA 01301-1361
    US

    <snip>

    SgtMinor, May 3, 2004
  6. Not as stupid as you for whining, you chicken shit SKULL ****

    May the Taliban steal your family. :)

    Not Bill Gates, May 3, 2004
  7. Not Bill Gates

    Sano Guest

    On Mon, 03 May 2004 16:01:04 GMT, Not Bill Gates wrote:

    > Not as stupid as you for whining, you chicken shit SKULL ****
    >
    > May the Taliban steal your family. :)

    Just answer Sarge's post clownboi. You're using some one else's domain.

    What part of "your a twit" don't you understand?

    Sano, May 4, 2004