USB problems with new motherboard

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by michaelplaw, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. michaelplaw

    michaelplaw Guest

    Hi there,

    Here's my new spec:

    Athlon XP 2600+
    Gigabyte GA -7VA motherboard
    256 meg of ram
    Windows 98.

    I've transferred my hard drive over to my new computer and all my old
    programs/hardware run fine expect my USB joystick and webcam which dont work

    In device manager it shows 3 x USB Root Hub and 3 x VIA VT83C572 PCI to USB
    Universal Host controllers.

    When I try to remove the devices, windows just installs them again 3 times
    and still doesnt detect the camera or joystick. My case has USB2 which I've
    disconnected and disabled in the BIOS.

    I've used the drivers from the CD....any ideas? has anyone else had a
    similar problem.

    michaelplaw, Aug 18, 2003

  2. michaelplaw

    Laths Guest