    When I plug a device into any usb sockets I get the following popup message

    "This device can work faster if you plug it into a usb 2.0 hub. Click here for a list of available hubs"

    Any help please! Thank you
    Brit, Nov 20, 2006

  2. Brit

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Make sure the ports your using are USB 2.0 Compliant (the USB 1.1 ones use cheaper wire)

    Also if your using the front ports, try the ones on the back of the computer.

    This is however only going to work IF you have USB 2.0 Hub onboard your motherboard/PCI card
    unholy, Nov 21, 2006

  3. Brit

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I would also do a Windows Update to see if newer drivers are available for your USB adapter(s). The warning means it is defaulting to USB 1.1 speed.
    bigal, Nov 24, 2006