    system. Now one of those marks remains.

    What should I do now?

    Sean

    Sean Cleary, Jan 9, 2005

  2. "Sean Cleary" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am experienced, my friend is certified (but not experiened), and we
    > are stuck.
    >
    > I have just done 2 fresh installs of XP to kill viruses. His worked,
    > his daughter's has a problem.
    >
    > His daughter has a board (Intel 865G) that is in a Gateway case. I got
    > the disk for the board, installed that, went on line and updated those
    > drivers. I then found 2 yellow question marks on the USB system. So I
    > went on-line, got to the intel site, and got drivers for the USB
    > system. Now one of those marks remains.
    >
    > What should I do now?

    Sometimes, those driver disks for motherboards can be weird. Occasionally,
    it will install some drivers and then have to restart. Upon booting, it
    should relaunch the driver installation program to install the other
    drivers, but sometimes it doesn't. I'd just rerun the installation program.
    All the drivers *should* be on there.

    Patrick Michael, Jan 10, 2005

  3. Sean Cleary

    AG Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am experienced, my friend is certified (but not experiened), and we
    > are stuck.
    >
    > I have just done 2 fresh installs of XP to kill viruses. His worked,
    > his daughter's has a problem.
    >
    > His daughter has a board (Intel 865G) that is in a Gateway case. I got
    > the disk for the board, installed that, went on line and updated those
    > drivers. I then found 2 yellow question marks on the USB system. So I
    > went on-line, got to the intel site, and got drivers for the USB
    > system. Now one of those marks remains.
    >
    > What should I do now?
    >
    > Sean

    Worst case scenario uninstall all USB devices, printers, everything. Go to
    device manager and remove all USB devices and reboot and redetect. It works
    sometimes.

    AG

    AG, Jan 11, 2005