    I have a 4-Port USB-Hub. I often unplug my USB-devices (e.g. digital camera) and afterwards I forget which device was in which
    port. Does it matter where I plug them in/ in which port?

    Thanks for helping me
    Guest, Nov 22, 2003

  2. Guest

    Guest

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:57:18 +0100, <> wrote:

    >I have a 4-Port USB-Hub. I often unplug my USB-devices (e.g. digital camera) and afterwards I forget which device was in which
    >port. Does it matter where I plug them in/ in which port?

    Not on the one I use.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem
    , Nov 22, 2003

  3. Guest

    Thor Guest

    Not on a hub it shouldn't because all the hub's connections share the same
    port. But on the controller itself, some devices are sensitive to changing
    to another port and will attempt to reinstall the device in windows when
    switched.

    Thor, Nov 22, 2003