    wired ports] and two ports that I wired through the front. None of them
    work. Using WinXP as the OS. All references to USB are enabled in the BIOs
    and the WinXP device manager show that drivers are loaded.
    Jerry, Dec 22, 2004

  2. Jerry

    Bruce Guest

    I had a similar problem when I built a PC with Win 2000, I had to go to
    Control Panel , Device Manager/System & go to each USB port shown and click
    on update drivers and that fixed it.

    Bruce

    Bruce, Dec 22, 2004

  3. Jerry

    Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:46:05 -0600, "Jerry" <>
    wrote:

    >I made PC for my daughter about a year or so ago, using a MSI MS-6378
    >Micro-ATX mainboard. She now wants to use some USB devices but nothing
    >happens when we plug in any USB device. The board has two on board [hard
    >wired ports] and two ports that I wired through the front. None of them
    >work. Using WinXP as the OS. All references to USB are enabled in the BIOs
    >and the WinXP device manager show that drivers are loaded.

    You can also try going to device manager-->universal serial bus
    controllers and remove all the root hubs. Then reboot and let them
    re-install.
    , Dec 23, 2004
  4. Jerry

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    |I made PC for my daughter about a year or so ago, using a MSI MS-6378
    | Micro-ATX mainboard. She now wants to use some USB devices but nothing
    | happens when we plug in any USB device. The board has two on board [hard
    | wired ports] and two ports that I wired through the front. None of them
    | work. Using WinXP as the OS. All references to USB are enabled in the BIOs
    | and the WinXP device manager show that drivers are loaded.

    Don't forget to re-check the wiring - if you got the header block on the USB
    cables inside the case hooked up wrong, you can burn out any USB device you
    plug into it.
    Toolman Tim, Dec 23, 2004
  5. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    All four USB ports will not work. Even the two that are "hard wired" on the
    motherboard. The two on the front I've checked the wiring and I've updated
    the drivers. WinXP sees the usb ports and installs drivers but no device
    I've plugged in will work and I've used before and after each device in
    other PCs.

    Jerry, Dec 23, 2004
  6. Jerry

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Well, then I'd have to suggest un-installing the USB drivers and all
    associated info from the Windows Device Manager. Be sure that you have the
    drivers available to reinstall them first.

    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    | All four USB ports will not work. Even the two that are "hard wired" on
    the
    | motherboard. The two on the front I've checked the wiring and I've updated
    | the drivers. WinXP sees the usb ports and installs drivers but no device
    | I've plugged in will work and I've used before and after each device in
    | other PCs.
    |

    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | > "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    | > |I made PC for my daughter about a year or so ago, using a MSI MS-6378
    | > | Micro-ATX mainboard. She now wants to use some USB devices but nothing
    | > | happens when we plug in any USB device. The board has two on board
    [hard
    | > | wired ports] and two ports that I wired through the front. None of
    them
    | > | work. Using WinXP as the OS. All references to USB are enabled in the
    | > BIOs
    | > | and the WinXP device manager show that drivers are loaded.
    | > |

    Toolman Tim, Dec 23, 2004