  1. Me

    Me Guest

    How can I find out if my 2 x USB ports are 1.1 or 2 spec?

    Me, Jul 6, 2004

  2. Me

    Ian Moyce Guest

    Me wrote:
    >> How can I find out if my 2 x USB ports are 1.1 or 2 spec?

    RTFM

    Ian Moyce, Jul 6, 2004

  3. Ian Moyce wrote:
    > Me wrote:
    >>> How can I find out if my 2 x USB ports are 1.1 or 2 spec?

    > RTFM

    TROLL! TROLL! TROLL!

    Kieron Adanet, Jul 6, 2004
  4. Me

    Me Guest

    Ian Moyce wrote:

    >>> How can I find out if my 2 x USB ports are 1.1 or 2 spec?

    > RTFM

    What fucking manual?

    Me, Jul 6, 2004
  5. Me

    Ian Moyce Guest

    ****! ****! ****!

    Ian Moyce, Jul 6, 2004
  6. Me

    Ian Moyce Guest

    Me wrote:

    >>> RTFM

    >> What fucking manual?

    Motherboard manual. Dont swear, you naught boy.

    Ian Moyce, Jul 6, 2004
  7. Me

    Me Guest

    Ian Moyce wrote:

    >>> What fucking manual?

    > Motherboard manual.

    Not an option as I don't know where it is anymore.

    Me, Jul 6, 2004
  8. Me

    Trent SC Guest

    > > Motherboard manual.

    > Not an option as I don't know where it is anymore.

    Have you ever heard of the internet?

    Trent SC, Jul 6, 2004
  9. Me

    Ian Moyce Guest

    Me wrote:

    >>> Motherboard manual.

    >> Not an option as I don't know where it is anymore.

    Download it then.

    What motherboard is it?

    Ian Moyce, Jul 6, 2004
  10. Me

    Ian Moyce Guest

    Harvey Van Sickle wrote:

    >>> Not an option as I don't know where it is anymore.

    >> (Sometimes people who post a series of "look it up yourself" answers
    >> really cheese me off....)

    Well lardy-fucking-dar to you. Tell me then. How do I flash my bios?

    Hmm, now because I have not looked it up myself, I dont know what BIOS it
    is, what version it is, or how I do it. You really are a silly ****.

    >> For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

    Would that be ?

    Ian Moyce, Jul 6, 2004
  11. On 06 Jul 2004, Me wrote

    >> Motherboard manual.

    > Not an option as I don't know where it is anymore.

    (Sometimes people who post a series of "look it up yourself" answers
    really cheese me off....)

    You'll need to know the make and model of your motherboard; if you
    don't know what it is, use something like Belarc advisor
    (http://www.belarc.com/End-User_Products.html) to identify it, and then
    search on the motherboard site to see if someone's posted a manual on
    the Internet.

    Another utility which might give more info on it would be Everest --
    http://www.lavalys.com/news.php?article=6&selcat=PN&lang=en -- that
    will also identify the USB controllers (but I don't know if they
    identify them as USB 2.0 or not).

    HTH

    --
    Cheers,
    Harvey

    For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

    Harvey Van Sickle, Jul 6, 2004
  12. Me

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Look in the device manager, if you have 2.0 it will say USB 2.0

    pcbutts1, Jul 6, 2004
  13. Me

    Me Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:

    > Look in the device manager, if you have 2.0 it will say USB 2.0

    Thanks for that... I've got 4 entries under "Universal Serial Bus
    Controllers", as follows:

    Generic USB Hub
    USB Printing Support
    USB Root Hub
    VIA USB Universal Host Controller

    So, based on your comment, I only have 1.1 ports. I don't know
    what model my motherboard is, so I may download Belarc to see.

    Me, Jul 6, 2004
  14. Me

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Correct you only have 1.1

    pcbutts1, Jul 6, 2004
  15. Me

    Me Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:

    > Correct you only have 1.1

    Okay then... would that explain why my Lexmark X1150 printer, when used
    with its "photocopy" mode, is giving me bands of light and dark on the
    copy? The Lexmark help file states: "If your All-In-One pauses frequently
    (every two or three lines) during a print job, and prints pages with
    alternating bands of light and dark print, it is printing data faster
    than the computer can send it." Would a 2.0 PCI USB card fix this?

    Me, Jul 6, 2004
  16. Me

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Maybe it won't hurt to try.

    pcbutts1, Jul 6, 2004
  17. Me

    Me Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:

    > Maybe it won't hurt to try.

    It could hurt financially if it doesn't fix the problem. ;)

    Me, Jul 7, 2004
  18. Me

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Me" <> wrote in news::

    > It could hurt financially if it doesn't fix the problem. ;)

    .... I don't think that a USB2 card costs enough to break the bank.

    Jim Berwick, Jul 7, 2004
  19. Me

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Call Lexmark, they have it documented in their help files they should have
    an answer for it.

    pcbutts1, Jul 7, 2004
  20. Me

    Me Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:

    > Call Lexmark, they have it documented in their help files they should
    > have an answer for it.

    I'll test the new card first to see... because online gaming with my USB
    ADSL modem is poor too -- the lag goes up and down in steps, similar to
    what the banding looks like of the Lexmark photocopies. Too much of a
    coincidence to just be the printer -- I reckon it's the slow USB ports.

    Me, Jul 7, 2004