    in 'my computer'. Using dell inspiron laptop with xp. Hav tried restoring
    system to a week ago when everything was fine, just to make sure I had not
    changed anything. Still no good.
    Fred, May 10, 2007

  2. Fred

    Marc Norman Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote in message
    news:46429845$...
    > Help! My USB mouse stopped working for no apparent reason. Since then I

    have
    > tried printer, camera, memory stick - nothing is recognised; nothing shows
    > in 'my computer'. Using dell inspiron laptop with xp. Hav tried restoring
    > system to a week ago when everything was fine, just to make sure I had

    not
    > changed anything. Still no good.

    Look in the bios setup -make sure that usb is not disabled.
    Marc Norman, May 10, 2007

  3. Fred

    Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote:

    >Help! My USB mouse stopped working for no apparent reason. Since then I have
    >tried printer, camera, memory stick - nothing is recognised; nothing shows
    >in 'my computer'. Using dell inspiron laptop with xp. Hav tried restoring
    >system to a week ago when everything was fine, just to make sure I had not
    >changed anything. Still no good.

    Gonna have to use the keyboard and check your USB properties.
    WinKey+Pause/Break opens system properties.

    Tab key moves in a tab window, arrow keys change tab windows
    arrow keys to get around.

    USB setting in BIOS doesn't matter if it's on or off, USB is
    controlled by the OS.

    Might measure the voltage on the motherboard USB connectors (there are
    at least two).

    http://pinouts.ru/Slots/USB_pinout.shtml just check pins 1 and 4 for
    around 5 volts.
    --